Acting odd, maybe gas?

GertieTerdz

May 10, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie
So it’s been awhile since Ive been on this forum but tonight my girl has been acting off And I was wantIng to see if anyone has had a similar experience to this.

so my dog, Gertie, is we believe to be a 9 year old, going on 10, english bulldog. Tonight she is acting distressed when going to bed, not wanting to settle. When she did lay down she seemed fine until she shifted, when she moved (when laying down), especially when going to lay on her other side, she would let out awful yowls like she was in pain.
we have only heard her do this when she didn’t want her nails clipped, (we initially thought maybe we hurt her due to nail clipping today but that was hours ago and she was fine after. Also when feeling and bending prodding her stomach and body she doesn’t respond.

we called the vet and they said maybe gas and as long as she wasn’t vomiting or her gums where not white that it wasn’t a emergency .

what do you guys think. Anyone have an experience like this? im worried she hurting somewhere.

Cbrugs

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
It definitely sounds like she could be in some kind of pain. If it were me, I’d make a vet appointment to have her looked over and maybe some bloodwork done if she hadn’t had it done in awhile.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
So it’s been awhile since Ive been on this forum but tonight my girl has been acting off And I was wantIng to see if anyone has had a similar experience to this.

so my dog, Gertie, is we believe to be a 9 year old, going on 10, english bulldog. Tonight she is acting distressed when going to bed, not wanting to settle. When she did lay down she seemed fine until she shifted, when she moved (when laying down), especially when going to lay on her other side, she would let out awful yowls like she was in pain.
we have only heard her do this when she didn’t want her nails clipped, (we initially thought maybe we hurt her due to nail clipping today but that was hours ago and she was fine after. Also when feeling and bending prodding her stomach and body she doesn’t respond.

we called the vet and they said maybe gas and as long as she wasn’t vomiting or her gums where not white that it wasn’t a emergency .

what do you guys think. Anyone have an experience like this? im worried she hurting somewhere.

I would definitely have her checked by the vet ASAP cause it does sound like she is in pain somewhere.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Dozer, & Chesty
If she's passing gas and stool as usual it's probably not anything like bloat. But, it seems as though she's in pain and I would have her checked out ASAP anyway.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)

How is she doing?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.