ACL tear

brobins

May 26, 2017
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus and Paris
My 7 year old bulldog Brutus has had a partial ACL tear for some time now, over the last few days I believe he has now fully torn it. I am looking for advice/information/ treatment options that some of you may have for how to care for this and how recovery went. Thank you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3; to EBN

It is a rough recovery only because you have to limit all activity for several weeks.. and be sure to do the physical therapy as directed to ensure proper healing.

We had this happen twice to one of our guys... we cleared out an extra bedroom of all furniture, laid a futon mattress on the floor and gated the doorway so he could see us and participate, but not be active. We fed him in there, carried him up and down stairs for potty, leashed at all times when not in the room and we took turns sleeping with him so he did not feel punished or left out in some why. it is a long six weeks, but if done right, he will be back to normal.

Good luck and keep us posted

Members online

No members online now.