Zesty paws dental bones

Max

Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
55
Reaction score
65
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Was wondering if anyone uses these
 
I do not, haven’t heard of them to be honest. We just give a raw marrow bone and once done, I rinse and stuff with peanut then freeze for a treat another day
 
If these are anything similar to Greenies I would not offer them. Bulldogs have a tendency to swallow things they shouldn't and could cause serious digestive issues.
We give frozen marrow bones too. They go crazy for them.
 
If these are anything similar to Greenies I would not offer them. Bulldogs have a tendency to swallow things they shouldn't and could cause serious digestive issues.
We give frozen marrow bones too. They go crazy for them.
Thanks I am also concerned of giving him bones , I have not given anything like that. The only thing he chews on his

Petstages Dogwood Wood Alternative Dog Chew Toy, If I gave him marrow bones is there anything that comes off the bone that can cause him to choke. He does not have a lot of teeth left, he was a rescue and a-lot of his teeth were bad We had to remove them . Thanks again​

 
I personally wouldn’t give my dogs any dental gizmo that sold out there. But that’s me. The ingredients in Zesty Paws aren’t great. Starches, flours etc isn’t recommended. Yeast thrives them ingredients.

Simply give marrow bones. Builds an immune system, teeth stays white n strong etc. All my dogs I’ve ever owned n these 3 always have marrow bones. Especially past 2 yrs I have cows n with its butchering time, they’re sure happy campers.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1682.webp
    IMG_1682.webp
    72.2 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0529.webp
    IMG_0529.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0370.webp
    IMG_0370.webp
    701.5 KB · Views: 120
Was wondering if anyone uses these
We give Wintz (Winston) Yak sticks the organic big ones he chews on em for hours.
 
I personally wouldn’t give my dogs any dental gizmo that sold out there. But that’s me. The ingredients in Zesty Paws aren’t great. Starches, flours etc isn’t recommended. Yeast thrives them ingredients.

Simply give marrow bones. Builds an immune system, teeth stays white n strong etc. All my dogs I’ve ever owned n these 3 always have marrow bones. Especially past 2 yrs I have cows n with its butchering time, they’re sure happy campers.
My wife is afraid of the bones she has read or heard that slivers can come off and cause problems. I’ve always felt they were safe do they come apart at all ?
 
My wife is afraid of the bones she has read or heard that slivers can come off and cause problems. I’ve always felt they were safe do they come apart at all ?them

If it’s cooked or boiled, yes ā€œmostā€ smaller bones can splinter. But if it’s them specific bones give raw, I have never seen any issues. I will have to say my German Shepherd will chew harder. Her jaws are more powerful than EB. That being said, if YOU don’t feel comfortable giving raw marrow bones, there’s always antlers or buffalo horns.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1781.webp
    IMG_1781.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1782.webp
    IMG_1782.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_1783.webp
    IMG_1783.webp
    577.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1784.webp
    IMG_1784.webp
    662.9 KB · Views: 124
If it’s cooked or boiled, yes ā€œmostā€ smaller bones can splinter. But if it’s them specific bones give raw, I have never seen any issues. I will have to say my German Shepherd will chew harder. Her jaws are more powerful than EB. That being said, if YOU don’t feel comfortable giving raw marrow bones, there’s always antlers or buffalo horns.
Thanks for the info !!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top