Tail pocket cleaning questions.

Fbjdd

Active member
Joined
Mar 16, 2012
Messages
263
Reaction score
36
Location
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi All,

Frankie has a deep tail pocket and we clean it daily.
There is no infection and his butthole it to the left of the tail not under it.
Every time we wipe after poops clean and dry. Then hours later we wipe again and there is a non stinky moisture that builds up, what is this and is it normal? Seem to never dry out thoughts, there is no pain infection or pus just a clear moisture?
Thanks for your thoughts and help.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9452.webp
    IMG_9452.webp
    577.8 KB · Views: 133
Hey there neighbour…..

My brindle Nyala has same issue since a pup n she’s almost 8.5yr old. Ive used essential oils for all them yrs. It’s never dry n like Bongo it stays moist. You’re in Coq so you should have snow like us n moisture will stick around in that tail. In the summer if you noticed it’s not as bad right? Unless you hit the beaches. I think since Bongo doesn’t have any pus or infection, try using a paper towel to dry it out. Do it daily if you can. I use a glove n go to the back wall of the tail to make sure I clean everything.
 
Thanks it’s for Frankie my new boy Bongo passed last year. Good to know it’s normal appreciate the help. Where you at I’m in Burnaby now?
 
Oh so sorry. I saw Bongo n thought…….. Ok Frankie it isšŸ‘ How old is Frankie?
I’m central Alberta. I use to live in Vancouver, stayed under a year. Work related.
 
Helene has you covered
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top