Syncope

ADaniels

Jul 6, 2024
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Olivia Mae
Hi Iā€™m new here. Iā€™m just looking for support/advice really. Recently my fur baby has been having syncope episodes(fainting) and itā€™s been quite traumatic for me. Iā€™ve rushed her to an animal hospital twice in the last week. The Doctor there told us that itā€™s just common for her breed and I just need to make sure sheā€™s not ever too hot, stressed, overly excited and to basically let her be a princess. Iā€™m just curious if anyone else has experienced this with their fur baby?

Hi Iā€™m new here. Iā€™m just looking for support/advice really. Recently my fur baby has been having syncope episodes(fainting) and itā€™s been quite traumatic for me. Iā€™ve rushed her to an animal hospital twice in the last week. The Doctor there told us that itā€™s just common for her breed and I just need to make sure sheā€™s not ever too hot, stressed, overly excited and to basically let her be a princess. Iā€™m just curious if anyone else has experienced this with their fur baby?
Hello and Welcome to EBN

Vet was out of line saying itā€™s common in EB. Fainting can happen in any breed. My son rescued a 4ish old chihuahua . We think he was older cause his teeth were practically all rotten. As he got older, he fainted more n more. If you walked in the house you had to ignore it for a few minutes or he would faint. He pass at 18yrs old.

Not normal at allā€¦ find a bulldog experienced vet and have his soft palate evaluated

My first bulldog fainted. It was only a problem when he was near the pool.
is it just fainting? Or is his tongue changing color or anything else?

My first bulldog fainted. It was only a problem when he was near the pool.
is it just fainting? Or is his tongue changing color or anything else?
Her face loses color and her tongue turns a greyish blue. When I took her to the emergency vet the Doctor told me as long as sheā€™s only out for a few seconds and the color in her gums come back that I donā€™t need to worry. Itā€™s been easier said than done though. My anxiety is at an all time high wondering if sheā€™s going to faint with any noises she makes.

I have a boxer that has syncope. I made a vet appointment for her and they immediately sent me to a cardiologist. I know heart issues are more common in boxers (this is my second one with heart issues) but I would definitely have that checked out as fainting is not normal.

Her face loses color and her tongue turns a greyish blue. When I took her to the emergency vet the Doctor told me as long as sheā€™s only out for a few seconds and the color in her gums come back that I donā€™t need to worry. Itā€™s been easier said than done though. My anxiety is at an all time high wondering if sheā€™s going to faint with any noises she makes.
Please get a second opinion and keep us posted. Where are you located? One of our members may be able to give you a recommendation to a bulldog that

Id want a second opinion does not sound normal to me does she snort or seem to have trouble breathing?

How old is your Bulldog? How big is your Bulldog? Does your Bulldog snore? Does your Bulldog, after moderate activity, have a rattling sound when breathing/panting? Does your Bulldog pee and/or poop when it faints? Does your Bulldog ever puke up food or water when eating or drinking?

My first thought was a cardiac issue. If the heart is not working correctly, it can cause breathing problems, shortness of breath, fainting, pale gums, perhaps a rapid heart rate. If the breathing is a problem, it can display the same symptoms. (Same goes for humans which is what I base my thoughts on.) I would definitely get a 2nd opinion.

Just dealing with this now; not to scare you, but Sophie passed out last Wednesday night when she was out going potty. I could see she was trying to hack up some phlegm and next thing I know she's passed out! Next day we find out she has pneumonia; her appetite was lousy; took her back in on Thursday and they were giving her appetite stimulant and they decided to do a scan with a radiologist and he said, "nearly ten year old bulldog... we've gotta check her heart." Come to find a large tumor in her heart called a chemodectoma. We are trying to get her feeling better - she's finally started eating about half the calories she should be having, which is much improved - but we know this will likely be what gets her in the end. Hope your pup improves, and prayers and good vibes are welcome for our precious Soph!

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

Back