Newcomer needing some advice!

Deb78750

Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hello all - I have Bella... she's about 1-1/2 years now and is a ball of love and stubbornness (which you all know!). However, it feels like she is bored with me. I do as much as I can to walk her (more on that), arrange visits with other dogs so she can play, take her to day care, feed her and love her. Yet she seems bored and all she wants to do is either eat or sleep. Walking is a challenge...which I am determined to meet with some treats and lots of encouragement but she puts on the breaks most of the time. I'm starting to wonder if this is me, or I should keep doing what I'm doing and it's the way it is. I've even thought about getting another dog, but really don't want to take on more expense and care giving. I don't think it's necessary. Any advice here would be so appreciated. I love her like crazy and want her to be happy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
All she wants to do is either eat or sleep?

Most EB does that allllllll day 24/7. Youā€™re not the only one that has that issue so no itā€™s not you. No matter what, keep doing what youā€™re doing. Donā€™t give up as it does benefit her.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
That normally happens right around the 3-year-old mark. Bella just decided to have a headstart on becoming a true English Bulldog and sit on her bum all day now.

Don't take it personally. She's an EB, not a German Sheperd. She still loves you.

OP
Deb78750

Deb78750

Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
All she wants to do is either eat or sleep?

Most EB does that allllllll day 24/7. Youā€™re not the only one that has that issue so no itā€™s not you. No matter what, keep doing what youā€™re doing. Donā€™t give up as it does benefit her.
Thank you!!! I suspect that is the case and I'm being overly overly....

OP
Deb78750

Deb78750

Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
That normally happens right around the 3-year-old mark. Bella just decided to have a headstart on becoming a true English Bulldog and sit on her bum all day now.

Don't take it personally. She's an EB, not a German Sheperd. She still loves you.
Thank you!!! I needed to see this feedback. Glad I found this forum. Happy New Year.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogsā€¦. She is ahead of the curve ā€” keep walking her, she needs some exercise..

Dundeered

Jul 10, 2021
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Geoff
I though Geoff was sad all the time , turns out itā€™s just him being a bulldog. He has one expression, like the worlds worries are on his shoulders. He is either eating/sleeping or sniffing me. I just sit and talk to him when he is sleeping.

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
So, my guy also has that slow it down stubbornness in him also....but a tennis ball or a soccer ball total energizes him, he loves chasing them down, try it out with Bella.
The same with his Chuck it! Squirrel Dog Toy (picture attached) I will throw it and he'll go get it, we also do tug-a-war with it in between fetch and get it. This play time has developed over time and hopefully your Bella can enjoy these activities also. Bubba and I have also worked on commands while playing, sit, stay, go get it, and the most important one,
20220105_132743.jpg
"DROP IT".
Happy new year good health and enjoy.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
My Bentley was a ball junkie and could run for hours but my Jewelie Girl could care less about running after anything unless it is a hose with water coming out it.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
What, are you kidding? Bulldogs are a hustle and bustle of activity. I can't get mine to slow down. Here, look.

Chillin on the patio.jpg
Charlie and Gabe2.jpg
Gabe 20.jpg

Oh wait, that was the neighbors dog I was talking about. Never mind. LOL.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.