My Jewelie Girl

manecya

Jul 10, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
My wife and I are totally devastated. 2022 is another bad year. Last week, my wife lost her brother to what the ME said congestive heart failure. He was 68 years old. Today, we lost our Jewelie Girl. She turned nine years old last week.

Yesterday, my girl was in my face...the look...Daddy I don't feel good. She didn't want food so we thought her tummy was acting up. We decided to take her to the Pet ER. The drop off and the wait. The vet said here white blood cell count was 26.23 (infection) however, they could not isolate the cause. We brought her home and Jewel was panting heavily and still not feeling good so we packed her up and took her to the Pet ER in Annapolis approximately 1800 hours. Triage wise, Jewel was stable and there would be a 4 hour wait. She was admitted and given pain management therapy as we could tell by her panting...Daddy I don't feel good. There were no phone calls overnight which is a good thing. This morning we did not here anything and from previous hospitalizations the vet calls us at shift change however there was no call. I asked my wife to call them since we have not heard from them. Apparently, the on call surgeon consulted with Jewel's surgeon about her condition. Over the night Jewel developed labored breathing and given the heart condition she would not tolerate anesthesia. She was on O2 with the labored breathing. My wife and I headed to Annapolis to see our girl. Jewel was gasping for air and not herself. God almighty she was suffering. I will not forget her breath gasping for air. It was time. Despite the mask policy I was unmasked kissing and hugging my girl. Holding and rubbing her paw scratching her head which seemed to put her at ease a little. Dr. Mason administered the white juice into the IV. Jewel simmered down and started to rest...we were kissing and hugging Jewel saying sleepy sleepy nappie nappie. She was not gasping for air at this time...resting thank God. Dr. Mason pushed the "pink Juice" and we were still hugging and kissing our girl...she is gone. I love you my princess. See you at the rainbow bridge.

Jewel and Bentley made friends in bulldog land.

Thanks... @MFrey2012 , @oscarmayer , @nubonics , @g8erjackie , @Manydogs , @2BullyMama

Rest in Peace my sweet girl. Daddy and Mommy love you very much
I am so so sorry for your loss, I am heartbroken 💔 will keep you guys in my prayers, remember all the beautiful memories and all the love she gave you and got back from you. Sending you loads of love.

sillyheadbon

Mar 8, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Tootsie Roll Schmitt
My wife and I are totally devastated. 2022 is another bad year. Last week, my wife lost her brother to what the ME said congestive heart failure. He was 68 years old. Today, we lost our Jewelie Girl. She turned nine years old last week.

Yesterday, my girl was in my face...the look...Daddy I don't feel good. She didn't want food so we thought her tummy was acting up. We decided to take her to the Pet ER. The drop off and the wait. The vet said here white blood cell count was 26.23 (infection) however, they could not isolate the cause. We brought her home and Jewel was panting heavily and still not feeling good so we packed her up and took her to the Pet ER in Annapolis approximately 1800 hours. Triage wise, Jewel was stable and there would be a 4 hour wait. She was admitted and given pain management therapy as we could tell by her panting...Daddy I don't feel good. There were no phone calls overnight which is a good thing. This morning we did not here anything and from previous hospitalizations the vet calls us at shift change however there was no call. I asked my wife to call them since we have not heard from them. Apparently, the on call surgeon consulted with Jewel's surgeon about her condition. Over the night Jewel developed labored breathing and given the heart condition she would not tolerate anesthesia. She was on O2 with the labored breathing. My wife and I headed to Annapolis to see our girl. Jewel was gasping for air and not herself. God almighty she was suffering. I will not forget her breath gasping for air. It was time. Despite the mask policy I was unmasked kissing and hugging my girl. Holding and rubbing her paw scratching her head which seemed to put her at ease a little. Dr. Mason administered the white juice into the IV. Jewel simmered down and started to rest...we were kissing and hugging Jewel saying sleepy sleepy nappie nappie. She was not gasping for air at this time...resting thank God. Dr. Mason pushed the "pink Juice" and we were still hugging and kissing our girl...she is gone. I love you my princess. See you at the rainbow bridge.

Thanks... @MFrey2012 , @oscarmayer , @nubonics , @g8erjackie , @Manydogs , @2BullyMama

I am so sorry. My bully baby is 9 as well and I dread the day we have to say goodbye. I was in tears reading about your precious Jewel. You did everything you could for her and she knows how much you loved her. 💕

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
OMG!! @rjisaterp - Roger, Sweet friend I am so sorry there will never be the right words. Please know We send our best to during this most tender time. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Wishing you lots of love and peace. Rest Easy Sweet Jewel.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
OMG!! @rjisaterp - Roger, Sweet friend I am so sorry there will never be the right words. Please know We send our best to during this most tender time. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Wishing you lots of love and peace. Rest Easy Sweet Jewel.
Thank you Melissa. Give our regards to your hubby and of course cutie pie Miss Ellie.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh Roger I am so very, very sorry to be reading this. I have no words, heartbreaking to say the least. I pray for comfort over the next months. You have my sincere sympathies !!!!!

Sue and Joey

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Oh Roger I am so very, very sorry to be reading this. I have no words, heartbreaking to say the least. I pray for comfort over the next months. You have my sincere sympathies !!!!!

Sue and Joey
Sue and Joey, thank you.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Our deepest heart felt sympathies to you and your family. We are very sad to hear of the loss of sweet Jewel. Rest peacefully now baby and go run with your brother.
BullyAngel10.jpg

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Omg, i am heart broken for you. I am so so very sorry. May your sweet beautiful Jewel rest in peace.
I was not expecting this one and this is the first post i read after being gone for such a long time.. not sure my tears will allow me to go further today.

I pray for you and your wife and the pain you are in. I hope all the love Jewel gave you brings you some comfort today and all the days to come. ❤️ Until you meet again..

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg, i am heart broken for you. I am so so very sorry. May your sweet beautiful Jewel rest in peace.
I was not expecting this one and this is the first post i read after being gone for such a long time.. not sure my tears will allow me to go further today.

I pray for you and your wife and the pain you are in. I hope all the love Jewel gave you brings you some comfort today and all the days to come. ❤️ Until you meet again..
Thank you for your kind words.

Jun 30, 2014
NE Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

Jun 30, 2014
NE Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

So very sorry about your baby.

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
My deepest sympathies for your loss. My Pork Chop is 13 as of June 19 and in declining health. I hope to let him go with the mercy that you showed to Jewelie.

Most Reactions