My Bully's Face Smells

marshall351

Active member
Joined
Oct 26, 2020
Messages
158
Reaction score
114
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
Mu bully's face smells bad. I bought 2% chlorhexidine from Chewy.

I mixed 1 tablespoon of chlorhexidine with 1 gallon of water. I then poured it over a pile of baby wipes. I use those baby wipes to clean her face and her paws but it seems the smell is not going away. You think I should use more than 2 tablespoons of chlorhexidine in the baby wipes or just buy some chlorhexidine wipes from Amazon?
 
The pet store wipes are 3%. For the homemade wipes you can just use it full strength (2%). Just keep it out of her eyes
 
I always just buy the chlorhexidine wipes.
 
which wipes do you guys buy?
 
The store wipes are no different than using the gallon of veterinary chlorohex with some gauze or cotton wipes. Except a 2x50 count store wipe costs as much as a gallon of chlorhex, which can make an unbelievable amount of wipes (5-6000 or so?)
 
If the smell persists even with regular cleaning don't forget to check teeth, gums, ears for the possible cause.
About 2 years ago we had a rescue come in the was stinky stinky. No amount of bathing and cleaning helped. It was just coming from his pores. Finally, in a move of desperation, I got some Dinovite and tried that. Within days, his smell was gone.
 
The pet store wipes are 3%. For the homemade wipes you can just use it full strength (2%). Just keep it out of her eyes
I second this. We started out buying Duoxo wipes and quickly found out that buying a gallon was much more cost effective. One thing to note is that pure chlorohexidine should be kept in a cool and dark place to maintain effectiveness as light causes it to degrade faster.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top