Introducing raw food

Bully.Titus

Mar 9, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Titus
Hello everyone, Iā€™m a new dog mom and Iā€™ve been doing plenty of research on feeding raw. I want to start off by doing half raw half kibble to make it more wallet friendly and slowly introduce Titus to it. Iā€™ve looked into We Feed Raw but the price is a little up there for me. Can you buy ground beef/Turkey from the store?

I would also love to hear what you guys add to your EB food bowl. Chicken feet, chicken hearts, fish oil etc.

I just want to feed and keep my bully healthyā™„ļø Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 184277BE-D655-429A-9F51-44403D802333.jpeg
    184277BE-D655-429A-9F51-44403D802333.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You can most certainly do a DIY raw diet but you definitely need to make sure it's properly balanced and not just feed ground meats from the store. Raw fed dogs need a proper meat/bone/organ ratio, normally 80/10/10.

I raw feed my 2 boys and they get pre-made as I just want something easy and ready to go. I use Raw Fed K9 a lot for my Frenchie which is online and reasonably priced. Louie needs veggies in his diet so he gets pre-made frozen from stores. I rotate brands like NW Naturals, Primal, Steve's, Small Batch, Stella & Chewy to name a few.

When feeding raw, it is important to rotate between 3-4 proteins as each protein has different nutritional value. One protein should be a red meat. That doesn't mean you have to feed a different protein each day. For instance, sometimes I feed one protein for 1 week and then switch, sometimes 2 weeks, I have even gone longer on 1 protein. Sometimes I give 2 different proteins over 2 weeks, etc. But it's good to start with 1 protein at a time so you know if there are any issues.

And doing half kibble and half raw is fine. Some people think you shouldn't mix the 2 as they digest differently but that is not true and it is totally okay to mix them together. Or you can do 1 meal kibble and 1 meal raw.

And if you are feeding raw to a puppy, each meal needs to be properly balanced as they are growing and need specific nutrients. An adult, you can balance over time.

OP
Bully.Titus

Bully.Titus

Mar 9, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Titus
Wow thanks for all the info! Definitely will look into the raw foods you mentioned.
I see so many benefits in doing so and Iā€™m excited to get him started.
You can most certainly do a DIY raw diet but you definitely need to make sure it's properly balanced and not just feed ground meats from the store. Raw fed dogs need a proper meat/bone/organ ratio, normally 80/10/10.

I raw feed my 2 boys and they get pre-made as I just want something easy and ready to go. I use Raw Fed K9 a lot for my Frenchie which is online and reasonably priced. Louie needs veggies in his diet so he gets pre-made frozen from stores. I rotate brands like NW Naturals, Primal, Steve's, Small Batch, Stella & Chewy to name a few.

When feeding raw, it is important to rotate between 3-4 proteins as each protein has different nutritional value. One protein should be a red meat. That doesn't mean you have to feed a different protein each day. For instance, sometimes I feed one protein for 1 week and then switch, sometimes 2 weeks, I have even gone longer on 1 protein. Sometimes I give 2 different proteins over 2 weeks, etc. But it's good to start with 1 protein at a time so you know if there are any issues.

And doing half kibble and half raw is fine. Some people think you shouldn't mix the 2 as they digest differently but that is not true and it is totally okay to mix them together. Or you can do 1 meal kibble and 1 meal raw.

And if you are feeding raw to a puppy, each meal needs to be properly balanced as they are growing and need specific nutrients. An adult, you can balance over time.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hello everyone, Iā€™m a new dog mom and Iā€™ve been doing plenty of research on feeding raw. I want to start off by doing half raw half kibble to make it more wallet friendly and slowly introduce Titus to it. Iā€™ve looked into We Feed Raw but the price is a little up there for me. Can you buy ground beef/Turkey from the store?

I would also love to hear what you guys add to your EB food bowl. Chicken feet, chicken hearts, fish oil etc.

I just want to feed and keep my bully healthyā™„ļø Thanks in advance!

Raw is definitely best, I have had all 3 of my dogs on raw for 1 year now, and their health has improved SO much.

They NEED at least 10% organs, and 10-12% bone and no more than 10% vegetables, rest is muscle meat.

Make sure itā€™s not just liver used for organ meat, they need all the organs, the heart, kidney, liver, spleen+lung(if you can get it) and also tripe is good too.
Every organ has its own nutrition, so heart and kidneys are needed not just liver and also the other organs if you can get(Lung and spleen).
No more than 10% veg.

When switching to raw, I prefer, to start them on a commercial raw from the pet store to make it easier and have it already done for me, then if you want to make your own then you can, just make sure itā€™s balanced like I mentioned above.

Definitely rotate proteins, that prevents new food allergies cause they can develop allergies to what they eat everyday and every protein has its own benefits. Try to include fish in his diet at least 3 times a week or add omega 3 oil like herring or salmon oil or sardine oil.

I rotate thru 5 different formulas for my dog per week but if you want to do 1 bag of beef for example then the next bag fish you can do that too.

The other thing, this to me is very important:

If feeding raw and kibble, do NOT mix raw and kibble in the same meal because it digests different, and because dogs have their naturally acidic stomachs on raw, that protects them from bacteria overgrowth. When you feed kibble they do NOT have the acidic stomach to protect them from the bacteria.
So bottom line for this is NOT mixing raw and kibble in the same meal to be on the safe side. Itā€™s best to do 1 meal raw(breakfast for example), and 1 meal kibble(dinner for example).

If you mix raw with kibble in the same meal, thatā€™s puting them at risk for bacteria overgrowth and can cause issues cause their stomachs arenā€™t acidic when eating kibble.

Not everyone agrees on this, but kibble should NOT be mixed in the same meal for stated reasons. People do have their opinions on this but I want to be on the safe side of caution if it were me.

Also make sure itā€™s a high quality kibble. What kibble are you feeding??

Commercial raw brands in Canada:

Back2raw
Artisan
Carnivora
Big country raw

Brands available in USA(I canā€™t remember all of them):

Darwinā€™s
Primal
Stella and chewy
Steves

My dog gets:
-Beef/salmon(hypo allergenic-Artisan brand)-has less than 10% leafy greens
-salmon/venison formula-has less than 10% leafy greens.
-beef-NO veg in it
-kangaroo-NO veg in it
-Goat-NO veg in it

On the days he doesnā€™t have Salmon in his diet, I add Four Leaf Rover Safe Sea Green lipped mussel oil for omegas cause he canā€™t have any other fish than salmon and I donā€™t want him having salmon daily or he can become allergic.

I also give raw quail egg 2-3 times a week in his food and I add beef bone broth(open farm beef bone broth)but only on the days he gets beef.

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Raw is definitely best, I have had all 3 of my dogs on raw for 1 year now, and their health has improved SO much.

They NEED at least 10% organs, and 10-12% bone and no more than 10% vegetables, rest is muscle meat.

Make sure itā€™s not just liver used for organ meat, they need all the organs, the heart, kidney, liver, spleen+lung(if you can get it) and also tripe is good too.
Every organ has its own nutrition, so heart and kidneys are needed not just liver and also the other organs if you can get(Lung and spleen).
No more than 10% veg.

When switching to raw, I prefer, to start them on a commercial raw from the pet store to make it easier and have it already done for me, then if you want to make your own then you can, just make sure itā€™s balanced like I mentioned above.

Definitely rotate proteins, that prevents new food allergies cause they can develop allergies to what they eat everyday and every protein has its own benefits. Try to include fish in his diet at least 3 times a week or add omega 3 oil like herring or salmon oil or sardine oil.

I rotate thru 5 different formulas for my dog per week but if you want to do 1 bag of beef for example then the next bag fish you can do that too.

The other thing, this to me is very important:

If feeding raw and kibble, do NOT mix raw and kibble in the same meal because it digests different, and because dogs have their naturally acidic stomachs on raw, that protects them from bacteria overgrowth. When you feed kibble they do NOT have the acidic stomach to protect them from the bacteria.
So bottom line for this is NOT mixing raw and kibble in the same meal to be on the safe side. Itā€™s best to do 1 meal raw(breakfast for example), and 1 meal kibble(dinner for example).

If you mix raw with kibble in the same meal, thatā€™s outing them at risk for bacteria overgrowth and can cause issues cause their stomachs arenā€™t acidic when eating kibble.

Not everyone agrees on this, but this is a fact that raw and kibble should NOT be mixed in the same meal for stated reasons. People do have their opinions on this but thatā€™s a fact and I want to be on the safe side of caution if it were me.

Also make sure itā€™s a high quality kibble. What kibble are you feeding??

Commercial raw brands in Canada:

Back2raw
Artisan
Carnivora
Big country raw

Brands available in USA(I canā€™t remember all of them):

Darwinā€™s
Primal
Stella and chewy
Steves

My dog gets:
-Beef/salmon(hypo allergenic-Artisan brand)-has less than 10% leafy greens
-salmon/venison formula-has less than 10% leafy greens.
-beef-NO veg in it
-kangaroo-NO veg in it
-Goat-NO veg in it

On the days he doesnā€™t have Salmon in his diet, I add Four Leaf Rover Safe Sea Green lipped mussel oil for omegas cause he canā€™t have any other fish than salmon and I donā€™t want him having salmon daily or he can become allergic.

I also give raw quail egg 2-3 times a week in his food and I add beef bone broth(open farm beef bone broth)but only on the days he gets beef.
Mixing raw and kibble being bad is NOT a fact like you are boldly claiming. Dr. Karen Becker, a very well known holistic vet, even says they can be mixed. It is perfectly fine to mix kibble and raw together. Just because you feel otherwise, doesnā€™t make it a fact.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Mixing raw and kibble being bad is NOT a fact like you are boldly claiming. Dr. Karen Becker, a very well known holistic vet, even says they can be mixed. It is perfectly fine to mix kibble and raw together. Just because you feel otherwise, doesnā€™t make it a fact.

Like I said everyone has their opinions, people can do it how they want.

I just know mixing raw and kibble in the same meal is risky and can cause problems for some dogs-not all, but I still avoid it completely.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Like I said everyone has their opinions, people can do it how they want.

I just know mixing raw and kibble in the same meal is risky and can cause problems for some dogs-not all, but I still avoid it completely.
Thatā€™s fine if you avoid it but donā€™t go around telling people itā€™s a FACT when itā€™s not a fact. You have zero credentials to say itā€™s a fact and youā€™re spreading false information. Some very well known vets and nutritionists even encourage it because some raw is better than none.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thatā€™s fine if you avoid it but donā€™t go around telling people itā€™s a FACT when itā€™s not a fact. You have zero credentials to say itā€™s a fact and youā€™re spreading false information. Some very well known vets and nutritionists even encourage it because some raw is better than none.

Thatā€™s not false information, even in the dog nutrition courses I took say to not mix both in the same meal. Im not here to argue, again everyone has their opinions, others should respect someone elseā€™s opinions. This site is for advice/help which is what I was doing by sharing info regarding raw. Iā€™m here to help/give advice and get advice when needed, not to argue about who agrees on things.

I also know and agree some raw is better than no raw.

Do you have a link to where the vet says to mix them together??

Here is a article that explains it:

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thatā€™s not false information, even in the dog nutrition courses I took say to not mix both in the same meal. Im not here to argue, again everyone has their opinions, others should respect someone elseā€™s opinions. This site is for advice/help which is what I was doing by sharing info regarding raw. Iā€™m here to help/give advice and get advice when needed, not to argue about who agrees on things.

I also know and agree some raw is better than no raw.

Do you have a link to where the vet says to mix them together??
Everyone is 100% entitled to their opinion but no one should be pushing their opinions as "FACT" when there are articles and research that says otherwise.

The article by the vet was published probably over a year ago on her Facebook page so I am not going to spend countless hours of my time trying to find it but there are plenty of other articles available.

Here is one from 2018 from Dr. Becker, a separate article from what I was referring to:

Repawsitory
October 8, 2018
For the sake of health, we don't eat diets of entirely processed foods; neither should our dogs. Yes, we can mix processed and fresh foods, even raw, together!
There's this idea out there that to feed fresh (including cooked) foods, but especially raw, that you have to go all in and completely give up the commercial processed foods or you are going to make your dog ill.
We won't get into where that idea originated or why it became so entrenched, but there is a common-sense movement, growing every day, that encourages the feeding of fresh and raw foods even if you can not, or don't want to, give up the processed pet foods entirely.
In particular, the movement encourages the feeding of 20% fresh into a processed diet. Why 20%? Because that small of an amount is where you start to see health benefits, but that amount is not going to mess with the balance being provided by a good quality processed diet. Everyone can do 20% no matter their need for affordability and convenience, or their knowledge level for balancing a diet. It is an obtainable goal where going all fresh / raw may not be for some.
Of course, fresh feeders are hoping that this 20% will be a toe-in-the-door and that you'll become keen to learn about how you can go more and more fresh and still provide your dog with a balanced diet.
But, the notion that mixing processed and fresh is bad for the dog persists out there putting forth that the dog's gastric pH is affected by the consumption of processed foods and therefore unable to properly digest the fresh and raw foods, especially if bone is fed.
Yet, dogs have been eating fresh and kibble since kibble first came into being. Many dogs are fed diets that include kibble and raw. Not everyone bought into the kibble marketing gimmick which was aimed at getting pet owners to give up the table scraps and feed only kibble and only their particular brand of kibble. Many people still fed fresh on top of, or in addition to kibble. Despite the all-fresh or all-raw backlash, many dogs continue to be fed combination diets to no ill effects.
Sure, transitional GI upset can occur whenever a dog switches up to something new, especially a dog who has been mostly fed the same thing day in and out. It can even happen when you change brands or protein sources from kibble to kibble. You can deal with GI disruption by having some organic canned pumpkin on hand and some slippery elm is always handy too. You can also avoid or minimize it by doing a slow transition to anything new going into the bowl, and holding back further increases until the GI system is normal again before proceeding with greater proportions of the new food. (Below, there's a link to a great article on transitioning.)
My own dogs eat a fresh food diet with no kibble, but can eat whatever whenever ---we have no GI issues whatsoever even switching up within the same day. It is a matter of what they get used to and getting them from a static gut to a more dynamic one.
Of course, dogs are individuals and you always need to feed the individual dog before you at the bowl, dealing with their tolerances and preferences, but again, slow transitions over to the fresh-adds or entirely fresh meals can help dogs unaccustomed to having fresh foods added to their bowl, and can allow you to identify what ingredient it is that does not agree with your dog.
Bone is another big one that holds people back from freshening up the bowl. There is information out there that says the bone will not be properly digested by a "kibble gut". Personally, even if I believed that to be entirely true, it would not hold me back from adding fresh; I'd just make adjustments for that by feeding meals that included bones or ground bone separately from those that included kibble, even on different days. Many are simply fearful of the idea of feeding whole bones at all, and doing so does come with some thought and precautions required, but you can feed a fresh or raw diet without feeding whole bone by feeding ground or supplements. When freshening up the processed bowl by just 20%, you need not even include any bone at all. So, don't be held back by bone.
But, we're people and dogs are dogs, right? And the choices we make for feeding are very individual ones. So, go out and learn all you can before you decide to forego the benefits of adding fresh to a processed diet because you are feeling the pressure to feed all raw, all fresh, or none at all.

And more articles:

So again, you can believe the 2 shouldn't be mixed at all but you should not be stating that your opinion is a FACT.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Everyone is 100% entitled to their opinion but no one should be pushing their opinions as "FACT" when there are articles and research that says otherwise.

The article by the vet was published probably over a year ago on her Facebook page so I am not going to spend countless hours of my time trying to find it but there are plenty of other articles available.

Here is one from 2018 from Dr. Becker, a separate article from what I was referring to:

Repawsitory
October 8, 2018
For the sake of health, we don't eat diets of entirely processed foods; neither should our dogs. Yes, we can mix processed and fresh foods, even raw, together!
There's this idea out there that to feed fresh (including cooked) foods, but especially raw, that you have to go all in and completely give up the commercial processed foods or you are going to make your dog ill.
We won't get into where that idea originated or why it became so entrenched, but there is a common-sense movement, growing every day, that encourages the feeding of fresh and raw foods even if you can not, or don't want to, give up the processed pet foods entirely.
In particular, the movement encourages the feeding of 20% fresh into a processed diet. Why 20%? Because that small of an amount is where you start to see health benefits, but that amount is not going to mess with the balance being provided by a good quality processed diet. Everyone can do 20% no matter their need for affordability and convenience, or their knowledge level for balancing a diet. It is an obtainable goal where going all fresh / raw may not be for some.
Of course, fresh feeders are hoping that this 20% will be a toe-in-the-door and that you'll become keen to learn about how you can go more and more fresh and still provide your dog with a balanced diet.
But, the notion that mixing processed and fresh is bad for the dog persists out there putting forth that the dog's gastric pH is affected by the consumption of processed foods and therefore unable to properly digest the fresh and raw foods, especially if bone is fed.
Yet, dogs have been eating fresh and kibble since kibble first came into being. Many dogs are fed diets that include kibble and raw. Not everyone bought into the kibble marketing gimmick which was aimed at getting pet owners to give up the table scraps and feed only kibble and only their particular brand of kibble. Many people still fed fresh on top of, or in addition to kibble. Despite the all-fresh or all-raw backlash, many dogs continue to be fed combination diets to no ill effects.
Sure, transitional GI upset can occur whenever a dog switches up to something new, especially a dog who has been mostly fed the same thing day in and out. It can even happen when you change brands or protein sources from kibble to kibble. You can deal with GI disruption by having some organic canned pumpkin on hand and some slippery elm is always handy too. You can also avoid or minimize it by doing a slow transition to anything new going into the bowl, and holding back further increases until the GI system is normal again before proceeding with greater proportions of the new food. (Below, there's a link to a great article on transitioning.)
My own dogs eat a fresh food diet with no kibble, but can eat whatever whenever ---we have no GI issues whatsoever even switching up within the same day. It is a matter of what they get used to and getting them from a static gut to a more dynamic one.
Of course, dogs are individuals and you always need to feed the individual dog before you at the bowl, dealing with their tolerances and preferences, but again, slow transitions over to the fresh-adds or entirely fresh meals can help dogs unaccustomed to having fresh foods added to their bowl, and can allow you to identify what ingredient it is that does not agree with your dog.
Bone is another big one that holds people back from freshening up the bowl. There is information out there that says the bone will not be properly digested by a "kibble gut". Personally, even if I believed that to be entirely true, it would not hold me back from adding fresh; I'd just make adjustments for that by feeding meals that included bones or ground bone separately from those that included kibble, even on different days. Many are simply fearful of the idea of feeding whole bones at all, and doing so does come with some thought and precautions required, but you can feed a fresh or raw diet without feeding whole bone by feeding ground or supplements. When freshening up the processed bowl by just 20%, you need not even include any bone at all. So, don't be held back by bone.
But, we're people and dogs are dogs, right? And the choices we make for feeding are very individual ones. So, go out and learn all you can before you decide to forego the benefits of adding fresh to a processed diet because you are feeling the pressure to feed all raw, all fresh, or none at all.

And more articles:

So again, you can believe the 2 shouldn't be mixed at all but you should not be stating that your opinion is a FACT.

I am not saying donā€™t feed both raw and kibble at all, I said itā€™s best to feed raw for 1 meal and the other meal is kibble but that I donā€™t recommend mixing the raw and kibble in the same meal.
Itā€™s completely up to the dog owners how they want to do it.

Fresh human grade food(lightly cooked) or canned food can definitely be mixed in the same meal as kibble, raw is different in my opinion.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am not saying donā€™t feed both raw and kibble at all, I said itā€™s best to feed raw for 1 meal and the other meal is kibble but that I donā€™t recommend mixing the raw and kibble in the same meal.
Itā€™s completely up to the dog owners how they want to do it.

Fresh human grade food(lightly cooked) or canned food can definitely be mixed in the same meal as kibble, raw is different in my opinion.
Are you serious right now?? You stated NOT to feed raw and kibble at the same time and that it was a FACT that raw and kibble should NOT be mixed. That is more than just your opinion. Maybe you should think before you post and choose your words a little bit more carefully. Opinions are one thing, stating false facts is another.

Here is your original statement in case you forgot:

"...If feeding raw and kibble, do NOT mix raw and kibble in the same meal because it digests different, and because dogs have their naturally acidic stomachs on raw, that protects them from bacteria overgrowth. When you feed kibble they do NOT have the acidic stomach to protect them from the bacteria.

If you mix raw with kibble in the same meal, thatā€™s outing them at risk for bacteria overgrowth and can cause issues cause their stomachs arenā€™t acidic when eating kibble.

Not everyone agrees on this, but this is a fact that raw and kibble should NOT be mixed in the same meal for stated reasons. People do have their opinions on this but thatā€™s a fact and I want to be on the safe side of caution if it were me."

Yes, every one needs to do their own research and decide what's best for their own life and their dog but your reasons for not mixing the 2 have multiple articles stating otherwise and that it is perfectly safe to do. If you do not want to mix the 2, then don't. But don't go telling people that they should NOT do so if that what they wish to do.

handsomedan

Apr 2, 2018
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dan and Auggie
Your puppy is adorable! I love his Brindle, he looks like my Dan! Starting on raw as a puppy is great, you're setting him up for a healthy life! We feed BJ's raw and love it! We live close enough to pick it up from their home base, which saves a lot on shipping! Definitely recommend it if you're in the Pennsylvania area!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Are you serious right now?? You stated NOT to feed raw and kibble at the same time and that it was a FACT that raw and kibble should NOT be mixed. That is more than just your opinion. Maybe you should think before you post and choose your words a little bit more carefully. Opinions are one thing, stating false facts is another.

Here is your original statement in case you forgot:

"...If feeding raw and kibble, do NOT mix raw and kibble in the same meal because it digests different, and because dogs have their naturally acidic stomachs on raw, that protects them from bacteria overgrowth. When you feed kibble they do NOT have the acidic stomach to protect them from the bacteria.

Not everyone agrees on this, but this is a fact that raw and kibble should NOT be mixed in the same meal for stated reasons. People do have their opinions on this but thatā€™s a fact and I want to be on the safe side of caution if it were me."

Yes, every one needs to do their own research and decide what's best for their own life and their dog but your reasons for not mixing the 2 have multiple articles stating otherwise and that it is perfectly safe to do. If you do not want to mix the 2, then don't. But don't go telling people that they should NOT do so if that what they wish to do.

If you read that post you quoted, thatā€™s EXACTLY what I am saying, I was stating that itā€™s good to feed kibble 1 meal, and the other meal is raw(so In 1 day if feeding 2 meals a day- 1 meal is raw(breakfast for example), and 1 meal for example dinner is kibble. Thatā€™s still getting the benefits of raw. But i was saying not to mix raw and kibble in the SAME meal! I am saying the same thing as I did in my original response.

Maybe you didnā€™t read it right or it came across to only feed raw or kibble, again what I was saying was 1 meal is raw and the other meal is kibble but to NOT mix both raw and kibble in the SAME meal.

I am NOT telling people to not do it, I do not recommend it, I do know 1 person that does mix the raw and kibble In the same meal cause the dog is picky and the dog is sick.

Everyone is gonna do what they want cause itā€™s their dog, which I 100% respect even if someone doesnā€™t agree.

This site is to give advice and share experience, if someone asks a question for advice/info, at the end of the day people will still choose to take the advice or leave it, and they decide what they will do and how they will do it.
Same when people take the dog to the vet, they are given the option to do testing for certain things if recommended, but at the end of the day people will decide for their dog.

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
If you read that post you quoted, thatā€™s EXACTLY what I am saying, I was stating that itā€™s good to feed kibble 1 meal, and the other meal is raw(so In 1 day if feeding 2 meals a day- 1 meal is raw(breakfast for example), and 1 meal for example dinner is kibble. Thatā€™s still getting the benefits of raw. But i was saying not to mix raw and kibble in the SAME meal! I am saying the same thing as I did in my original response.

Maybe you didnā€™t read it right or it came across to obliterate feed raw or kibble, again what I was saying was 1 meal is raw and the other meal is kibble but to NOT mix both raw and kibble in the SAME meal.

I am NOT telling people to not do it, I do not recommend it, I do know 1 person that does mix the raw and kibble In the same meal cause the dog is picky and the dog is sick.

Everyone is gonna do what they want cause itā€™s their dog, which is 100% respect even if someone doesnā€™t agree.

This site is to give advice and share experience, if someone asks a question for advice/info, at the end of the day people will still choose to take the advice or leave it, and they decide what they will do and how they will do it.
Same when people take the dog to the vet, they are given the option to do testing for certain things if recommended, but at the end of the day people will decide for their dog.
Clearly you donā€™t understand what you said. Once again, you stated that it was a FACT that raw and kibble should not be mixed together. Fact and opinion are not the same thing. And if was just your opinion, then why did you delete your statement about it being a ā€œfact.ā€ I donā€™t care if someone mixes raw and kibble or they split it up into 2 meals. My issue is with you telling people NOT to mix the 2 because itā€™s a ā€œfactā€ thatā€™s itā€™s harmful and shouldnā€™t be mixed. You want to give your opinion, give it but donā€™t go stating undocumented ā€œfacts.ā€

Youā€™re all over the place with what you are saying and Iā€™m done repeating myself because you keep flip flopping and donā€™t know the difference between ā€œfactā€ and opinion.

Iā€™m done. Good day.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Clearly you donā€™t understand what you said. Once again, you stated that it was a FACT that raw and kibble should not be mixed together. Fact and opinion are not the same thing. And if was just your opinion, then why did you delete your statement about it being a ā€œfact.ā€ I donā€™t care if someone mixes raw and kibble or they split it up into 2 meals. My issue is with you telling people NOT to mix the 2 because itā€™s a ā€œfactā€ thatā€™s itā€™s harmful and shouldnā€™t be mixed. You want to give your opinion, give it but donā€™t go stating undocumented ā€œfacts.ā€

Youā€™re all over the place with what you are saying and Iā€™m done repeating myself because you keep flip flopping and donā€™t know the difference between ā€œfactā€ and opinion.

Iā€™m done. Good day.

Yes I understand what I said. I shouldnā€™t have said itā€™s a ā€œfactā€ which I will not say again. I tried to explain it to you , I am not ā€œflip flopping ā€œas you say I am, I was trying to clarify the original response!

Iā€™m done going over this!

Members online

No members online now.