M

Melody Jennings

May 30, 2011
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Napoleon
Welcome Melody and Napoleon! Yes this site keeps most of us here much longer than we ever plan. haha Glad you are enjoying it. :) Your boy looks like such a sweetie, we love pics so please post more and more. Dont be shy. If you dont mind me asking what exactly happened with your last bully? How old was he? I bet Napoleon has just lifted your spirits back up. Nothing better than the love of a pup, let alone a bully pup!

I am sorry as I am just catching up with all these welcoming posts. I also have three boys and with school out, I can't sit in front of the computer quite as much. :hahaha:

Thank you for the nice compliment. I don't mind your question at all. My first bully (Ozzy) was a month shy of turning one when he passed back in 2006. It was very sad. He ended up becoming septic and had an intestinal obstruction after eating a small toy that belonged to my little one along with believe it or not, the ropes from a rope chew toy. I never noticed parts the chew toy had shredded off. He had surgery however, died after. I didn't get to pick him up from the vet. I was in such disbelief. I was crushed and felt so guilty.

I wasn't ready for another pup until now. I am much more knowledgable now which will benefit Napoleon. He brings my three children and I so much joy. He has given to me in such a short time so much more than I can give him. I look forward to spending many years with him.

Thanks again!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How heartbreaking!!! Oh my I just wanna give you a big hug right now :(

I am glad you have your new boy, and someday we would love to see pics of your kiddos too :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is such a sad story about your first bully ... but NEVER blame yourself. I have discovered with Daddy that bulldogs can and will eat anything and everything that isn't nailed down .. and sometimes things that are nailed down!!! :crazy:

Welcome to the site and can't wait to see more pics!! You're right this place will become addictive!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh what a sad story, I am so sorry. I agree do NOT blame yourself ever. Bulldogs can swallow something so fast and there really isnt much of a way of knowing. It scares me sometimes how big their mouths and throats are. I am so happy you have found your new love and he sounds just as happy with you as you are with him. Remember we DO love pics. Especially bullies with kids. ;)

OP
M

Melody Jennings

May 30, 2011
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Napoleon
Oh my gosh what a sad story, I am so sorry. I agree do NOT blame yourself ever. Bulldogs can swallow something so fast and there really isnt much of a way of knowing. It scares me sometimes how big their mouths and throats are. I am so happy you have found your new love and he sounds just as happy with you as you are with him. Remember we DO love pics. Especially bullies with kids. ;)

Hi Cali-Jenn: Thank you so much for the support and well wishes. I too, am happy we found Napoleon and we are so proud to have him in our family!

You guys are all so great!

Thanks!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.