Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hi there
Iam new to this forum and would love some answers
We have a year old bulldog who has a heart murmur and needs a stent
Has anyone had this procedure done and how successful was it
Lola is not insured for her heart and we have been quoted £6000 to have this opp she is on heart tablets at the moment and is very lively and full of fun in fact you would think there is nothing wrong has anyone got a bull dog who has a heart murmur and not had the opp
Thanks for any recommendation or advice
Sharron

Attachments

• 06EC4DA3-887F-4B6E-AEAE-D19815858322.jpeg
    06EC4DA3-887F-4B6E-AEAE-D19815858322.jpeg
    1,010.6 KB · Views: 74

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
One of our rescues, Turbo, came in at 8 weeks old with a known heart defect...a grade 4 murmur. He was placed with a family that had the $$$ resources to afford a heart operation. At about 1 year old he began having trouble with fluid build-up, coughing and stamina. He received a stent that supposedly gave him 70% heart function knowing that as he grew he would likely need another surgery, perhaps 2 more. Six months later at 1.5 years old he again began having issues. He did not survive the second surgery. That's the extent of my experience.
I hope and pray that your girl responds better than Turbo.

OP
L

Lola

Oct 26, 2021
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
One of our rescues, Turbo, came in at 8 weeks old with a known heart defect...a grade 4 murmur. He was placed with a family that had the $$$ resources to afford a heart operation. At about 1 year old he began having trouble with fluid build-up, coughing and stamina. He received a stent that supposedly gave him 70% heart function knowing that as he grew he would likely need another surgery, perhaps 2 more. Six months later at 1.5 years old he again began having issues. He did not survive the second surgery. That's the extent of my experience.
I hope and pray that your girl responds better than Turbo.
Thank you for replying Lola is a stage 3 murmur but we don’t know wether to let nature takes is course with medication and a shorter life but as you wrote even when they have heart surgery things don’t always go to plan
Like turbo poor boy this is what we want to explore what extra life span does heart surgery give xx

Members online

No members online now.