Freeze-Dried EXPENSIVE

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
I am currently paying $400 a month for my dogs food. It is Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried raw.
Anyone know of any cheaper dog food that has no starchy vegetables, no grains, no chicken, no beef, no pork and no dairy?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am currently paying $400 a month for my dogs food. It is Vital Essentials Freeze-Dried raw.
Anyone know of any cheaper dog food that has no starchy vegetables, no grains, no chicken, no beef, no pork and no dairy?
Acana single protein bags.

Or like @anatess did is buy from the grocery stores like you would buy for yourself. Meals were all balanced too. Look for Anatess in here n read how it was done.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Freeze dried is definitely on the more expensive side. Frozen raw is a little less expensive. Check out Raw Fed K9 online. They have some novel proteins and are prey model so nothing in them but the meat, bones, organs and they offer free shipping.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Freeze dried is way more expensive than frozen raw, cause the convenience of freeze dried.

I recommend looking into frozen Raw, that you keep in freezer and take out 2 days worth in the fridge at a time to thaw.

If your looking for kibble, good brands are:

-Natures Logic brand- Sardine OR Rabbit for proteins.
No legumes or potatoes or the other ingredients in it, and has probiotics in it.

-Carna 4 brand oven baked is a very good food, has probiotics and also the other ingredients are organic sprouted seeds(Organic Sprouted barley seed for example-different than barley).

Are you in US or Canada cause i can list some frozen raw that’s a good option.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Seems alot of these still have starchy vegetables or beans. I might need to move to frersh raw AGAIN.

Yes fresh raw is the way to go, and way cheaper than Freeze dried, and it already has the moisture in it.

Since your in US, here are some brands I know of(I’m not in US so I’m sure there are more brands I don’t know of).
Here are some brands:

-Darwins

-Stella and Chewy

-Primal

-BJ’s raw pet food(has a Rabbit option)

I pay $200-$250 per month for 2 retrievers that are 70 and 75 pounds each. And my 22 lb Frenchie costs $175-$200 per month for JUST him cause he gets more exotic proteins(Kangaroo, Venison, Goat and beef/Salmon).
Those exotic proteins cost way more but I rotate thru the 5 different formulas in 1 week for the French Bulldog, so he costs just as much to feed only him as it does for 2 retrievers(they eat 2 lb TOTAL together per day/1 lb each per day). The frenchie eats 0.6 lb per day but his proteins are more expensive.

So $400 for 1 dog is ALOT for your 1 dog-ouch! But like i say freeze dried is way more expensive than fresh raw(the best), freeze dried is just more convenient for some people.

I wipe the French bulldog face after every meal to keep his mouth wrinkle clean. He actually waits for it🙂 I haven’t fed freeze dried.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Seems alot of these still have starchy vegetables or beans. I might need to move to frersh raw AGAIN.

That’s cause they need something to hold the kibble together!

Fresh raw is best! Maybe try that again.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I buy from a place in the pocono area, but they do deliver nationwide -- we pay roughly about $4.50 a pound

Members online

No members online now.