Vital Essentials

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
What are your thoughts on Vital Essentials Salmon Mini Nibs freeze dried raw food?
Do I need to add anything or is this a balanced meal?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I used to feed the VE frozen Pattie’s to my Frenchie but I found some cheaper brands. VE is a good brand and they’re balanced. Unless they’ve changed the formula, they are prey model so no veggies. Some dogs need the veggies to help with poop while others are fine.

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
I used to feed the VE frozen Pattie’s to my Frenchie but I found some cheaper brands. VE is a good brand and they’re balanced. Unless they’ve changed the formula, they are prey model so no veggies. Some dogs need the veggies to help with poop while others are fine.
My dog is allergic to anything that has starch and carbs, even carb veggies. So many commercial dog food kibble or raw has either peas, legumes, beans, potatoes, rice, oats or grains which my dog is allergic to all of. It seems the only commercial food that is free of those things is Vital Essentials. The VE salmon raw freeze dried is so much easier to deal with then raw from the grocery store. But it’s expensive. $150 for 10 days worth of food. I may try RawFedK9.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My dog is allergic to anything that has starch and carbs, even carb veggies. So many commercial dog food kibble or raw has either peas, legumes, beans, potatoes, rice, oats or grains which my dog is allergic to all of. It seems the only commercial food that is free of those things is Vital Essentials. The VE salmon raw freeze dried is so much easier to deal with then raw from the grocery store. But it’s expensive. $150 for 10 days worth of food. I may try RawFedK9.
Raw shouldn’t have grains or legumes but they can have veggies. I actually use Raw Fed K9 for my Frenchie and he does very well on it.

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
My dog has the worst gas since being on Vital Essentials Salmon nibs. Not sure if it’s the preservatives or the minerals or vitamins cause she never has gas when eating salmon. Anyone else have this issue with VE?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I used it for awhile but it was duck protein… no gas issues

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online