Experiences with Librela?

Lunabully

New member
Joined
May 25, 2023
Messages
7
Reaction score
13
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
My vet suggested Librela for my soon to be 9 year old’s arthritis. She said it was recently approved in the U.S. and has been considered extremely safe and highly effective - almost a miracle drug.

It is basically a monoclonal antibody injection (received monthly) that supposedly attacks/masks the things that cause arthritic pain.

That sounded great until I started digging deeper and finding first hand stories that painting a much scarier picture… there is a 30k person Facebook group that I found dedicated to Librela experiences that has story after story about their dogs declining rapidly and in many cases needing euthanasia after receiving a dose of Librela.

Now I don’t think it is worth the risk.

Any of you have experience giving Librela to your bulldog?
 
To be honest, I never heard of it. I always use turmeric paste
1712693202584.webp
 
No experience but I like to give turmeric paste and green lipped mussel powder for joints. My senior Frenchie also gets CBD oil as well.
 
My vet suggested Librela for my soon to be 9 year old’s arthritis. She said it was recently approved in the U.S. and has been considered extremely safe and highly effective - almost a miracle drug.

It is basically a monoclonal antibody injection (received monthly) that supposedly attacks/masks the things that cause arthritic pain.

That sounded great until I started digging deeper and finding first hand stories that painting a much scarier picture… there is a 30k person Facebook group that I found dedicated to Librela experiences that has story after story about their dogs declining rapidly and in many cases needing euthanasia after receiving a dose of Librela.

Now I don’t think it is worth the risk.

Any of you have experience giving Librela to your bulldog?
I heard about it in the UK but it wasn't yet available here. I thought it might be good for Buster. I then did some reading and like you, decided that was a definite non-starter. No way would I risk my dog.
 
My vet suggested Librela for my soon to be 9 year old’s arthritis. She said it was recently approved in the U.S. and has been considered extremely safe and highly effective - almost a miracle drug.

It is basically a monoclonal antibody injection (received monthly) that supposedly attacks/masks the things that cause arthritic pain.

That sounded great until I started digging deeper and finding first hand stories that painting a much scarier picture… there is a 30k person Facebook group that I found dedicated to Librela experiences that has story after story about their dogs declining rapidly and in many cases needing euthanasia after receiving a dose of Librela.

Now I don’t think it is worth the risk.

Any of you have experience giving Librela to your bulldog?

i wouldnā€˜t give chemicals to my dogs. But that’s me. Stick to the turmeric paste Christine posted. Librela has bad sided effects like urinary tract infection, bacterial skin infection, and dermatitis. You’re risking adding more health issues.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

šŸ“° Latest posts

Back
Top