Blood in urine/ struvite crystals

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I have found a store that can order the natures logic. I was wondering if I should add their canned food to the kibble, would that help with the moisture?
Thatā€™s great, you can get some canned too, but you need to be sure he is drinking enough water daily( I still add a little water to his food).

The canned food will also help you to mix the thrive bladder support in if he doesnā€™t like the taste of the supplement, itā€™s easier to mix it with wet food as itā€™s powder supplement, even if you just use a little canned food for that.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When cooking for them, how do you know how much to feed? Do you have any recipes?
How old is your dog? Nyala was about 6-8months old

In a med ziploc bag

One cup of turkey, 2cups of veggies, top with broth was what she ate in one day. So I would make these ziploc meals for a month n thaw one per day. Itā€™s a day in the kitchen for a months worth of meal. I would also top once a day, raw organs. About 1/4-1/2 a cup. The broth is youā€™re their friend so let it boil for a good 8 hrs, let it sit in the fridge, next day dispose that top layer of fat as itā€™s not a healthy fat. Keep the jelly section mixed in the broth cause thatā€™s the good stuff.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Once the UTI has disappeared for good like months later, you can always do thisā€¦ā€¦.

Attachments

• 5135D84D-DD1F-4652-B26E-9B2DD3D9B395.jpeg
    5135D84D-DD1F-4652-B26E-9B2DD3D9B395.jpeg
    869.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 9EA7517A-4BC3-4FD1-BFDC-162F7DC7A0E2.jpeg
    9EA7517A-4BC3-4FD1-BFDC-162F7DC7A0E2.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 8B2742DE-5ED9-4D17-9B13-E9799C3066CC.jpeg
    8B2742DE-5ED9-4D17-9B13-E9799C3066CC.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 22
OP
R

Ricothebully

Dec 29, 2021
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Rico
Itā€™s average size. Is it cause he eats too fast?
No he has a slow down bowl but still chokes and spits up some kibble when itā€™s really tiny. He is a very picky dog also. I picked up the food today and the supplement. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Do you think orijen would be an option since it uses less legumes than Acana? Just curious in case I need a back up. He tried the carna 4 in the past but I could never get him to eat it.

OP
R

Ricothebully

Dec 29, 2021
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Rico
How old is your dog? Nyala was about 6-8months old

In a med ziploc bag

One cup of turkey, 2cups of veggies, top with broth was what she ate in one day. So I would make these ziploc meals for a month n thaw one per day. Itā€™s a day in the kitchen for a months worth of meal. I would also top once a day, raw organs. About 1/4-1/2 a cup. The broth is youā€™re their friend so let it boil for a good 8 hrs, let it sit in the fridge, next day dispose that top layer of fat as itā€™s not a healthy fat. Keep the jelly section mixed in the broth cause thatā€™s the good stuff.
He is 3. The vet said there is no uti, x ray was clear, just a moderate amount of struvite crystals in his urine. He has no symptoms other than a little blood in the urine at the end of the day. If it werenā€™t for the snow I wouldnā€™t have noticed anything was wrong. I will definitely keep this in mind if the natureā€™s logic kibble and thrive supplement another member suggested doesnā€™t help. Thanks

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
No he has a slow down bowl but still chokes and spits up some kibble when itā€™s really tiny. He is a very picky dog also. I picked up the food today and the supplement. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. Do you think orijen would be an option since it uses less legumes than Acana? Just curious in case I need a back up. He tried the carna 4 in the past but I could never get him to eat it.

Your welcome!

my other dogs used to eat really fast too, I ended up adding some water to each meal which really did slow them down. My French Bulldog(the one that had the struvite crystals), very picky, but I always add 1/3 cup water to his raw food, and it slows him down. The 1 kibble he liked that caused the struvites, he would choke cause he ate so fast, well I added 1/3 cup water and it definitely slowed him down. Maybe thatā€™s something you can try?

The canned food is good to mix the supplement powder in if he is picky, it doesnā€™t hurt to add a little to the kibble if it makes him slow down, just a thought.

Orijen was a really good kibble, but now they got bought out(Acana and Orijen cause same owners), so the quality will drop in less than 4 weeks now(end of March beginning of April I heard), that company that bought them out makes all the garbage food, so since the formulas will change(not for the better), I recommend avoiding it.

Thats crazy he doesnā€™t like Carna 4, i havenā€™t heard of a dog not liking it, but every dog is different.

Good luck, hopefully the struvites go away soon! Keep him hydrated and frequent times outside to pee to flush those crystals out. Definitely keep me updatedšŸ™‚

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He is 3. The vet said there is no uti, x ray was clear, just a moderate amount of struvite crystals in his urine. He has no symptoms other than a little blood in the urine at the end of the day. If it werenā€™t for the snow I wouldnā€™t have noticed anything was wrong. I will definitely keep this in mind if the natureā€™s logic kibble and thrive supplement another member suggested doesnā€™t help. Thanks
Sorry my bad, I meant struvite crystals

Members online

No members online now.