Anemia

Hi. Anything we can do at home while waiting for the vet & meds?

Thx…
Why meds exactly? Yes I saw the title but what brought Anemia to the conclusion?
 
Why meds exactly? Yes I saw the title but what brought Anemia to the conclusion?

Blood work shows he’s anemic again. My vet successfully treated it last year with eprex injections (Erythropoietin).

Long story short, Salo is coming off treatment for an infected abscess. My vet wants to see blood work from the hospital before treating Salo. He has kidney disease.

I posted yesterday because it was his worst day for head tremors, my a mile. My tricks took longer than usual to work! Was looking for some quick advice. Today has been a bit better.

In my experience, his tremors are a warning sign when there’s something else going on. I believe it’s the anemia.
 
Head tremors are frightening... I'm so sorry! I usually will try a treat or last resort some Karo Syrup... I would touch base w/the vet to see what they advice.
 
Hmmm...
You can supplement his food with raw beef hearts. I'm not sure if the phosphorous content is a concern for his kidneys. If it is, then just stick with quality raw beef meat cuts.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top