SamiSalo

SamiSalo

Aug 15, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Salo
Why meds exactly? Yes I saw the title but what brought Anemia to the conclusion?

Blood work shows he’s anemic again. My vet successfully treated it last year with eprex injections (Erythropoietin).

Long story short, Salo is coming off treatment for an infected abscess. My vet wants to see blood work from the hospital before treating Salo. He has kidney disease.

I posted yesterday because it was his worst day for head tremors, my a mile. My tricks took longer than usual to work! Was looking for some quick advice. Today has been a bit better.

In my experience, his tremors are a warning sign when there’s something else going on. I believe it’s the anemia.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Head tremors are frightening... I'm so sorry! I usually will try a treat or last resort some Karo Syrup... I would touch base w/the vet to see what they advice.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Hmmm...
You can supplement his food with raw beef hearts. I'm not sure if the phosphorous content is a concern for his kidneys. If it is, then just stick with quality raw beef meat cuts.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.