Acana/Orijen

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I just heard that Mars just bought Acana and Orijen and will be changing the formulas within the next 6 months to cheaper for cost but that’s not good cause they make Royal Canin, Hills, Pedigree and Iams, and other ‘low end/filler’ dog food🙁

I would definitely avoid Acana for people who are currently feeding it now🙁

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Mars = Bayer/Monsanto 🤬

I recall Champion was offered 2 billion. Still, theres goes that high quality kibble.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I hate it that are also buying up a lot of veterinary offices and it then becomes corporate run. My old vet left a practice because of that. She said she had no freedom or discretion anymore. We recently took Buster to a 24/7 Emergency Vet (Blue Pearl, one of Mar's) at 7.30 am but was told the vet doesn't get in until 9.30am! So much for 24/7. We drove about another 15 miles to an independent ER and no problems and MUCH cheaper! I guess they make an offer that some people can't refuse!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I hate it that are also buying up a lot of veterinary offices and it then becomes corporate run. My old vet left a practice because of that. She said she had no freedom or discretion anymore. We recently took Buster to a 24/7 Emergency Vet (Blue Pearl, one of Mar's) at 7.30 am but was told the vet doesn't get in until 9.30am! So much for 24/7. We drove about another 15 miles to an independent ER and no problems and MUCH cheaper! I guess they make an offer that some people can't refuse!
They’re buying veterinary offices? Wow that’s not good.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Omg that’s crazy! Not good

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep -- corporations are buying up all the ERs and the small private vets are having issues hiring/keeping staff because the corporations are paying a wage the small et can't afford. All part of the plan to destroy small business. :(

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep -- corporations are buying up all the ERs and the small private vets are having issues hiring/keeping staff because the corporations are paying a wage the small et can't afford. All part of the plan to destroy small business. :(
We are having same crap up here. They’re are purposely destroying the small businesses. Their plan is on schedule. People better open their eyes. Heard a few Walmart’s n Starbucks in US are going cashless. I’ll be the first to walk out‼️

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.