6 month old male peeing his beds

Tink1107

Dec 20, 2023
Country
Glasgow
Bulldog(s) Names
Enzo
Hi All I am new to this page and hoping to get some advice. My 6 month old English bulldog Enzo has just recently started peeing on his beds. I am starting to get concerned there is something wrong with him. Heā€™s great in every other way.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Welcome! 6 months is still young and accidents would not surprise. If you are concerned something is wrong, you could have him tested for a UTI. It could also be the early signs of marking.

OP
Tink1107

Tink1107

Dec 20, 2023
Country
Glasgow
Bulldog(s) Names
Enzo
Thank you. Heā€™s great and very well behaved this is just a new thing that he has started too do. Doesnā€™t do it anywhere else Except his bed.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Thank you. Heā€™s great and very well behaved this is just a new thing that he has started too do. Doesnā€™t do it anywhere else Except his bed.
It could be marking them. As cruel as it sounds, some dogs canā€™t have beds and blankets to sleep on.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
It could be marking them. As cruel as it sounds, some dogs canā€™t have beds and blankets to sleep on.
Yes...nothing cruel about it. My guys spend half their day laid out on our backyard deck or on the nice cool kitchen floor.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree.... sometimes they just can't had bedding of any type

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
One of the first pieces of advice we got here many years ago concerned just this: sudden peeing in bed at night. Someone gave me the best advice ever: check for draught. We ended up moving Castor's bed around a corner away from the draught from our bedroom window, and the problem was resolved immediately.

Members online

No members online now.