Sauerkraut

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
I am going to try sauerkraut(bagged from refrigeration aisle) again to deal with my dog's anal glands. Should I drain, rinse and then squeeze out the excess water? I feed her twice a day, so 2 Tablespoons per meal should be good right? Thanks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I am going to try sauerkraut(bagged from refrigeration aisle) again to deal with my dog's anal glands. Should I drain, rinse and then squeeze out the excess water? I feed her twice a day, so 2 Tablespoons per meal should be good right? Thanks
No need To squeeze the “excess” water. Actually you can have it yourself. Very healthy. I would start with 2 tablespoons per day for a 3 day ish then bring it pup 2x per day. I like to monitor first.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
When I give it, I just give once a day.

OP
M

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
since giving her the kraut almost a week ago, her butt does not smell as bad as it used to. so now she is on fera probiotic and kraut. but i did notice her scooting her butt today. will continue with this regime for a few more weeks to see how she does. has anyone ever heard of a dog with sauerkraut allergies?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
since giving her the kraut almost a week ago, her butt does not smell as bad as it used to. so now she is on fera probiotic and kraut. but i did notice her scooting her butt today. will continue with this regime for a few more weeks to see how she does. has anyone ever heard of a dog with sauerkraut allergies?
You need to understand kraut or any fermented or health food products are not just a week or 2 n magic will come. When you use fermented foods it’s an ongoing to keep the gut going. Use it as i mentioned above n others. I suggested once a day to start slowly, monitor, then do 2x a day but once the gut is on track I give it every other day. It’s like any supplements never overdo it. Jump days if all back on track. Too much you’ll never know what triggers the issues.

Members online

No members online now.