Is my Bullie over weight??

Aqualung

New member
Joined
Feb 22, 2010
Messages
54
Reaction score
5
Location
Long Island NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Stomper
Took my 11 month old bullie gal to the vet the other day..She was 68 pounds,is that a lil to FAT ??
Here is a recent pic
IMG_1729.jpg
 
68lbs is a bit heavy for a girl, but it deos depend on bone structure, head size, height, and muscle mass. What did the vet say? In the pic she does not look overweight in my opinion, but it is hard to tell really cuz she is laying down.
 
She is not big boned and does not have a big head.. I figured she was a lil over weight,but didnt realize she was 68 pounds.. I'm thinking she should be about 55 pounds or close.. My vet said she could drop a few!! I took her off puppy chow at 4 months cause I thought she was gaining too much.. She only gets 2 cups a day 1 in the morn and 1 at night and maybe a treat or two once in a while..Does anyone recomend a low calorie food to start her on ?? She is not picky about food,she eats any and everything you give her..Thanxxx JoeyD
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 259
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    71.3 KB · Views: 247
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 259
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    74.3 KB · Views: 269
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    74.5 KB · Views: 262
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 261
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    69 KB · Views: 249
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    106.4 KB · Views: 255
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    104.2 KB · Views: 246
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 259
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    104.4 KB · Views: 261
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 257
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 264
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    69.1 KB · Views: 265
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 265
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    65.3 KB · Views: 271
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 252
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 251
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    112.5 KB · Views: 258
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    102.1 KB · Views: 270
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 251
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    116.3 KB · Views: 238
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    94.6 KB · Views: 269
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    88.2 KB · Views: 249
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    98.4 KB · Views: 254
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    96.4 KB · Views: 256
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 248
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    116 KB · Views: 251
LOL I got a weight loss google ad when I clicked on this topic! Too funny!!! "1 tip for a flat belly, lose 3lbs a week" HAHAHA.... funny how the google ads find keywords in topics LMAO

Anyway, back on topic here, what food is she currently on?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    107.1 KB · Views: 246
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    120.1 KB · Views: 245
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    105.5 KB · Views: 251
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 250
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    71.3 KB · Views: 255
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    72.6 KB · Views: 261
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 246
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 239
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    119.1 KB · Views: 245
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    110.9 KB · Views: 244
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    63.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    119.1 KB · Views: 240
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 246
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    70.7 KB · Views: 251
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    69.2 KB · Views: 252
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    91.8 KB · Views: 270
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    84 KB · Views: 245
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    79.3 KB · Views: 273
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    65.3 KB · Views: 256
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    78.4 KB · Views: 251
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    105.8 KB · Views: 250
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    112.5 KB · Views: 234
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    116.3 KB · Views: 240
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    87.1 KB · Views: 233
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 241
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    93.7 KB · Views: 241
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    100.1 KB · Views: 237
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 231
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 255
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    96.7 KB · Views: 243
She is currently eating Euakanuba adult food.. Just 2 cups per day..
 
Honestly, it could really be the food...... Euk is full of fillers. It is just junk. I would try switching foods, a good quality food will be more expensive but your bully will probably be unrecognizeable after a month. I am currently switching foods myself, because of the recent research I have been doing on the subject. Found out I was feeding a 1 star food!!!!! OMG!!!! And yes, Eukanuba is only 1 star. The higher the grade (not necessarilly the cost) the better. See some of the recent discussions on what do you feed your bully. You can also visit the page I am currently working on (not done yet). It is on the home page ---called "Dog Food Analysis". But watch out, some of those foods can be too high in protein which is not good for bullies. I found this out recently. Nothing over 27% is what I hear, but still don't know this for fact. Maybe others have some insight on bullies and protien they could share.
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1349721894037.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1349721894037.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 232
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349721863275.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1349721863275.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 223
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349718714322.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1349718714322.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 239
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349721931593.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1349721931593.webp
    83.4 KB · Views: 222
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349718834554.webp
    uploadfromtaptalk1349718834554.webp
    44.2 KB · Views: 229
Also, is that measuring cups? I thot I was giving my dogs 1 cup twice a day, come to find out that the "cup" I was using was 1 1/2 cups. The answer may not lie in cutting back on her food, but in increasing her exercise a bit...
 
Joyce Adams Ham she's beautiful

about an hour ago ·


Carol Tutor Maybe a bit...my vet likes for Otis to stay around 50#, but I would say it is a matter of how tall she is and how big-bodied. Otis is 1 1/2 years old, and he is very short-bodied..

45 minutes ago ·


Susan Abner The standard for Bulldogs is 45 lbs. for females. Up to 50 lbs. is acceptable. Your dog might just be a big girl, it would depend also on her parents size and if they were larger than average.

Here is some facebook friends comments too. Wow, did not even know we could do that!!! :)
 
I would say it is impossible to know what she looks like in this pic but she is very cute nomatter what! I am not a good judge since I only have my 1 bully but for him perfect and fit would be 52 pounds although he is uaully more like 54-56 depending on the day. It is amazing how 2 or 4 pounds makes SUCH a difference when they arent that big to begin with. As for foods, I would for sure change to a better brand, there are a lot of good ones out there and for snacks try and stick to good ol' veggies. My boy will eat anything so for him frozen veggies are a yummy treat, green beans, peas, lima beans, etc. Also they LOVE carrots so everyday they get those too. Good luck, it is hard to get them to lose weight imo anyhow. The 2-4 pounds Cutty should lose just sits there. :)
 
The cup I am useing came from one of the foods I feed her in the past.. When I first got her around Aug 2nd last year she had cronic loose stools. Since that cleared up,it took over a month with a supplament the vet gave me to add to her food,she has packed on the weight so much I took her off puppy food at 4 months..At 4 months she was 38 pounds..I'll try and get a pic of her lil fat body standing up soon..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top