Hello - meet Millie Two Scoops Vanilly

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Hello, I am new to the forums.
IMG_4292.JPG

Millie turned 3 months old this week. she is a very healthy, sweet energetic and curious little puppy.

I made the mistake of starting her on Royal Canin. We're about halfway through the first bag of Royal Canin and some slight tear stains have lead me to realizing the food is at least partially if not fully to blame. My previous bulldog, Vada, did really well on the 4 star Fromm, after four years on Holistic Select - I'm not sure why we left the store with Royal Canin, but it has been several years since Vada has been with us and I got gimmicked into the Royal Canin.

I have at least a month of Royal Canin bulldog puppy food left - What are forum's opinions on whether I should I try switching her now, or wait until I am closer to enough to do a full transition? The breeder had given me enough purina puppy food that I was able to do a 3 week transition to Royal Canin. The transition went very smoothly, and she's been on the Royal Canin solely for about 2 weeks. I haven't decided if we will go with Fromm, or I see people suggesting Origen and Acana here as well... Other than the slight tear staining, she is super healthy

Thanks!
btw we wipe and dry her face after every meal, and I've been cleaning her face with bio groom waterless shampoo once or so a week.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello, I am new to the forums.
View attachment 122287
Millie turned 3 months old this week. she is a very healthy, sweet energetic and curious little puppy.

I made the mistake of starting her on Royal Canin. We're about halfway through the first bag of Royal Canin and some slight tear stains have lead me to realizing the food is at least partially if not fully to blame. My previous bulldog, Vada, did really well on the 4 star Fromm, after four years on Holistic Select - I'm not sure why we left the store with Royal Canin, but it has been several years since Vada has been with us and I got gimmicked into the Royal Canin.

I have at least a month of Royal Canin bulldog puppy food left - What are forum's opinions on whether I should I try switching her now, or wait until I am closer to enough to do a full transition? The breeder had given me enough purina puppy food that I was able to do a 3 week transition to Royal Canin. The transition went very smoothly, and she's been on the Royal Canin solely for about 2 weeks. I haven't decided if we will go with Fromm, or I see people suggesting Origen and Acana here as well... Other than the slight tear staining, she is super healthy

Thanks!
btw we wipe and dry her face after every meal, and I've been cleaning her face with bio groom waterless shampoo once or so a week.
Welcome to EBN!

Definitely get rid of the RC. In a nutshell, RC, Science Hill n anything made by Purina is to avoid.

As you mentioned Fromm, Acana / Orijen, Zignature are top kibbles. I just brought home a GS puppy n she was on Purina. Told the breeder no thanks as I feed both my dogs a raw diet n don’t need any transition when going straight to raw. Btw tear stains, on a raw diet n filtered water, you will eliminate that issue. And yes, you need to keep them folds nice and dry. Shampoo a dog once a week is way too much. You will remove all their natural oils.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
That is a pretty bully girl. Welcome to the group. We are looking forward to seeing more of that pretty baby.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Welcome to EBN!!! Your baby is precious... :love:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Welcome! She is adorable! Yes, transition her now off the RC, no need to wait to finish the bag. You can do the transition over 7-10 days.
Teething can contribute to the tear stains as well.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, start transitioning now. Donate the rest of the bag to a shelter etc if possible.

OP
benny

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone! I picked up "Orijen Puppy" and will start transitioning her right away.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN… she is beautiful

OP
benny

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
I switched Millie over four days as her stool each day was firmer than the previous, I skipped days until yesterday she was on Orijen 100%

she certainly likes the Orijen more. She has a much harder time paying attention to me when I have it out. I am guessing that she is missing the bulk of the RC, the volume of Orijen she is eating seems far smaller than the RC. I suppose she will get use to it?

Right now I am feeding 210g split over 3 meals. 210 is what the bag suggests for a 22lb puppy that will be a 44lb adult. Millie is 18lbs currently… But, the 210g is about 830kcal/day… I believe the RC was a little over 1000, am I over or under feeding her?

Last edited:

📰 Latest posts

Members online