fur trapping along gum lines?

devlishangelinca

May 23, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
Boris had a vet appointment today for another ear infection. While we were in there, we told the vet he had really bad breath but his teeth are good. Apparently, English bulldogs can get fur trapped in the wrinkles inside their mouth and you are supposed to clean those out too! Shocked me as we have had Boris for over 2 years and its never been and issue before. I've read virtually every piece of information I could on EBs and have never heard of this before. Anyways wanted to pass along this bit of information to educate and to also ask has anyone else had this problem with their bully? He's sleeping u der the covers now. Going to the vet was stressful for him!

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Yes, it's one of those things nobody thinks to tell new owners. Many vet techs don't know it either. I've had to tell many owners and a few techs to check there and I always wiped the gum line on a bulldog when bathing client animals.

tsmith0321

Feb 19, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rey
Good info! We have a bulldog who is only a year old and her breath is HORRENDOUS! This could be why!!

THANKS!

mylola

Mar 16, 2018
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Beans
Chanticocat;bt1134 said:
Yes, it's one of those things nobody thinks to tell new owners. Many vet techs don't know it either. I've had to tell many owners and a few techs to check there and I always wiped the gum line on a bulldog when bathing client animals.

I just returned from the Vet and learned about this exact topic. I've never heard of this issue before today and WOW what a huge surprise and lesson learned. My baby has 3 rotten teeth right in front and is scheduled to have the three teeth removed next Wednesday. I feel terrible not checking her mouth on a regular basis and will every day. It's nice to see others are in the same boat.

Members online

No members online now.