That's a great Vet, keep him!
Lost my 1st bully ( rescued) to teeth cleaning. His teeth were in terrible condition
and he'd started not wanting to eat so I took him in for a exam for abcessed teeth.
I'd never had a dog (or cat) needing dental cleaning so I was torn because his were
horrible and wasn't sure what to do because of the risk. However, he was neutered
(been thru surgery) and youngish (eat 3-5 yrs) so I had labs done, all looked great
so scheduled his cleaning. Brutus came thru great, he had infection so was given
antibiotic shots while under (research later said this certain antibiotics can cause
heart to stop so NEVER administer while they're under) and they called to say he
was up and I could pick him up. Fifteen minutes later they called, he was gone.
Another tip-after surgery make sure they keep them intubated & IN the surgery
room a bit so if they start struggling they can give oxygen immediately, Brutus
had been taken to the back & caged. Minutes count!...there's no time to try &
reintubate and difficult as their airway is now swollen & inflamed. I'd only had
Brutus 7 months, I was his 4th or 5th owner, he'd been passed on & on, no
reason I know of other than stupid, selfish & uncaring people that probably did
not know how much time bully care takes, etc so just bailed on him...he was a
fabulous boy and so hungry for love, had been crated all his life, didn't know how
to play, wasn't house trained (long hours in crate) when I got him his face stank,
it was so infected-latest owner a Nurse ;(
Losing him shattered my already broken heart (lost my husband 2 months earlier),
we bonded immediately, he was beautiful, loved car rides, was so smart, loving &
loyal and had impeccable manners, he was just learning how to be a dog when he
died and living a good life and being loved.
His teeth never had to be in horrible shape, just proof of utter neglect by so many
owners that cared NOTHING for him. Brutus (and all of them) deserve better, so
much better!
This is beautiful & wonderful Brutus below in my signature line <3