1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I just read this on FB.

Do not leave your dogs unsupervised on cooling mats. A woman who bought one for her dog wasn't watching when the dog chewed a hole in the mat and died. Vets put a piece of the mat in a glass of water and it swelled and filled the glass. Apparently, the dog ingested some and it expanded in her stomach.
Also, most cooling mats contain antifreeze
Damp towels will
Do the job

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I just read this on FB.

Do not leave your dogs unsupervised on cooling mats. A woman who bought one for her dog wasn't watching when the dog chewed a hole in the mat and died. Vets put a piece of the mat in a glass of water and it swelled and filled the glass. Apparently, the dog ingested some and it expanded in her stomach.
Damp towels will
Do the job

Omg that’s scary, I don’t use cooking mats for my dogs as I have AC and they stay inside.

That’s good your keeping people aware!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just read this on FB.

Damp towels will
Do the job
So sad… I remember this happening a few years ago too. Something you think would be so innocent

Members online

No members online now.