Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
It appears to be a closely docked tail which is indicative of a mixed breed. Anyone selling a Bulldog with a docked tail is selling a mix. Selling a mix for a full blooded Bulldog is fraudulent. It's that simple. Your suspicions are correct, IMO.
FWIW, all full blooded Bulldog tails come to a pint. Some are straight, some are crooked, some are curled tightly against the body, some look like a cinnamon bun. If one was to follow the path of the tail starting at the base, it would end up in a point, not a blunt finish.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
It appears to be a closely docked tail which is indicative of a mixed breed. Anyone selling a Bulldog with a docked tail is selling a mix. Selling a mix for a full blooded Bulldog is fraudulent. It's that simple. Your suspicions are correct, IMO.
FWIW, all full blooded Bulldog tails come to a pint. Some are straight, some are crooked, some are curled tightly against the body, some look like a cinnamon bun. If one was to follow the path of the tail starting at the base, it would end up in a point, not a blunt finish.

There you go, it comes to a point not a blunt and that's what you need to check for . I knew somebody could tell you :-)

haile2066

Nov 1, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus and Brando
I'll preface by saying I am no expert but it's just my observation. I'm not sure what "purebreed" means anymore. Aren't all bulldogs derived from different breeds, eventually we have what we consider an English bulldog now? I would say you're gonna have a hard time recouping any monies if those dogs pictured are the actual parents. They look like bulldogs other than the colors, but having said that, we can assume that the parents are from a mix of breeds to get those colors. The only way to be certain that your getting a "purebreed" EB would be to go with a reputable breeder who has AKC papers for the parents and you don't go with any breeder that breeds non standard colors. When I was looking at another EB, I was going to go with one of the top breeders in the country, they have won a few Westminister shows and even their dogs were "only" $4200. And I can understand their price, they have spent countless dollars to show their dogs and conform to the standards. The deserve that price. Others asking $5-10K for rare colors, I just don't get it. You can't register them, I assume the parents aren't registered, so how do you know what you're getting, other than the color? Sorry for my rant. But I think you'll have a hard time getting any money back from the breeders. Even with DNA testing, is there really an exact DNA sequence for EB's to prove one dog is a "purebreed" and one isn't? At this point, the money is spent, I would just love the heck out of the puppy and called it a lessons learned event.

Members online

No members online now.