First time here (Port Orchard WA)

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Hey Benny,
So far I do not see red in his webbing.
He licks them but not excessively and yes he will stop if his attention is diverted. Believe it or not, I brush his teeth daily and so far his gums looks good.
It could very well just be a comfort thing. Try out some better foods, but also watch for any changes while you do.

Good on you teeth brushing daily!

The vet should be able to get you some stuff to clean out that ear infection. After that is fixed, having this on hand for regular cleaning works nicely: ā€œTrizUltra + Keto Flushā€

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I usually use Bertbee hypoallergenic wipes and an eye wipe, ā€¦. Could this be a possibility of dry skin. Do any of you put fish oil in their food?

Are you only seeing the dry skin where you wipe?

I use ā€œBrilliant Salmon Oilā€ on the food most of the time and coconut oil sometimes.

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
Hi there and welcome! As stated above, he is definitely a mix but a cutie nonetheless and it sounds like he hit the jackpot for his forever home.

And as Benny said, there is nothing wrong with that tail and breeders/show people actually prefer a bit of a tail like that. One of my girls has a longer tail and it goes crazy wagging when she is happy while my others just wiggle their butts lol.

Iā€™m in Everett, WA!

Good luck with your new boy!
Thank you Cbrugs!

OP
KillRbee18

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
Are you only seeing the dry skin where you wipe?

I use ā€œBrilliant Salmon Oilā€ on the food most of the time and coconut oil sometimes.
No not really. I see the dry skin down along his back. However, strangely, I only see the dry skin when I am standing behind him. If I stand in front of him looking down, I donā€™t notice a thing. However, I do not like seeing a furry son in any bad condition so I need to fix it.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
So one thing I do too, is every morning I give him a wipe down (wrinkles and eyes). I usually use Bertbee hypoallergenic wipes and an eye wipe, and then I follow it up with brushing his teeth. Armour Hammer toothpaste. Could this be a possibility of dry skin. Do any of you put fish oil in their food?

If I put omegas in the food, the only one I use is Four Leaf Rover brand Safe Sea oil cause itā€™s green lipped mussel based which is great for joints and good omega oil source.

And itā€™s the only oil that doesnā€™t go rancid. I have seen great results with this one.

I have also used in the past Thrive Brand Herring oil.

If you do decide to switch him to Natures Logic brand for kibble, the Sardine is a great source of omegas without having to add a omega oil(if your feeding Natures Logic Sardine) kibble.

I definitely donā€™t recommend giving him coconut oil. Here is a article for more info:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello fellow Washingtonian,
I am sure you all are right. I too crossed out that he wasnā€™t a purebred EB, and that is why I am sliding towards a Olde English or Victorian. I wonder if those types of breeds have a forum? I bought an expensive DNA kit, but I do not think it could tell me if he is a Victorian or Olde English Bulldogge (spelled correctly).
These types of breeds are mixed with Mastiff, Boxer, Pitbull, and Bulldog
He does have a mastiff look to him... I was leaning toward Victorian, but now that you said mastiff, he does have that mastiff looking jowl to him. either way he is a handsome boy that has found a great new home. Give him about three months to fully settle in and be sure to set rules and limitations.... you an use "nothing in life is free" and make usre all humans follow the same rules and commands for him.

Thank you for your service to our country! :salute:
My nephew recently graduated from the Citadel and is stationed in Norfolk.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hello fellow Washingtonian,
I am sure you all are right. I too crossed out that he wasnā€™t a purebred EB, and that is why I am sliding towards a Olde English or Victorian. I wonder if those types of breeds have a forum? I bought an expensive DNA kit, but I do not think it could tell me if he is a Victorian or Olde English Bulldogge (spelled correctly).
These types of breeds are mixed with Mastiff, Boxer, Pitbull, and Bulldog
Since you have the kit then you might as well use it and see what it comes back with!

For the dry skin, etc. I would recommend a higher quality food. Some other brands you can look into are Open Farm, Zignature, Earthborn Holistics, Stella & Chewy's, just to name a few. Every dog is different so a food that works for one, may not work for another. It's all a science project...trial and error.

My 2 boys are raw fed and my 2 girls get Open Farm with Ancient Grains and they do very well on it. Everyone also gets a salmon or pollock oil every along with a skin and coat supplement amongst other supplements as well.

I will tell you that Jax, my Frenchie, who is 10 1/2 years old is a huge feet licker and his feet are not yeasty nor red and he just does it out of habit as he did have yeasty feet when he was younger. And Louie, my 6 year old bulldog, always had perfect ears until maybe 1 - 2 years ago and that is because Ella ruined them by constantly licking and grooming him getting moisture in his ears. He got a big ear infection which cleared up with meds but ever since, his ears constantly get super waxy so I clean them out a couple times a week and give him drops once a week for maintenance.

Members online

No members online now.