Toilet Training Regression.

isla.m.thomas

Dec 14, 2023
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
Hi guys, we have a 6 month old English Bulldog. She is AMAZING (my first Bulldog, previously I was a Rottweiler girl). Recently we have seen a regression in her toilet training, she was fully house trained, would run to the door if she needed to go and bark but now that seems to have all flown out the window and she is weeing in her bed, on the sofa and also pooing by the back door even after just being let out. We have recently been leaving her a bit longer than when we first got her as I have started a new job so now only work from home 1 day a week, my boyfriend is able to come home and let her out during the day as he is a field sales man and she also has the company of our 2 German shepherd’s. I am aware bulldogs are very stubborn and do not like change so I am wondering if this is the cause of the toilet mishaps. Has anyone had this problem before, and can recommend some tips on how to stop this. Attached a picture of Margot below for the cuteness 🐾 IMG_0417.jpeg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
6 months is still young and I wouldn't be surprised if there were accidents. How long is she left alone?

OP
isla.m.thomas

isla.m.thomas

Dec 14, 2023
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Margot
6 months is still young and I wouldn't be surprised if there were accidents. How long is she left alone?
I know there will still be some accidents but it’s gone from her having none or one a day back to having multiple in a day (hence the regression) even running in from outside to then wee on the floor or her bed. Maximum 4 hours as my boyfriend will come home on his lunch to let them all out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is not uncommon for a dog to regress like this, you need to go back to basic training and get her back on tract. Just a note, it took me 2 full years to get our Frenchie fully trained with no accidents, he was a bugger!!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
That regression is normal. There is a good bit of change to her potty schedule with your being gone. In my personal experience, they are not fully potty trained until at least a year and a half. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.