Cozmeaux crossed the rainbow bridge

Squeezer

Nov 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cozmeaux ,Elvis
Our beloved 8 year old bullie , ā€œCozmeauxā€, crossed the rainbow bridge last night. He started exhibiting signs that he was not well a couple weeks ago, and a visit this past week to his primary vet revealed that he was retaining fluid in his chest and abdomen. This was a surprise and I feel soooo bad for not recognizing signs that he wasnā€™t feeling well.

His primary vet said that an ultrasound would provide answers to the fluid retention, but in the area we live, the ultrasound vets/ technicians were not readily available. We went home with Lasix, antibiotics and prednisone. None of the meds seemed to help his condition- short, labored breathing, lack of appetiteā€¦. His breathing worsened to the point where we decided to take him to a 24 emergency clinic last night.

A gamut of tests were run, and it became apparent to us that he was not going to get better , even with the possibility of having full-blown ultrasound,ā€¦..his heart was barely pumping any blood, and we made the heartbreaking decision to euthanize him.

Although we will grieve for quite some time, we are comforted , as many of the wonderful people on this forum can attest, that we indeed made the correct decision.

Thanks to all of who who have posted information on raising these wonderful animals, as we have learned , and will continue to learn soooooo much from you.

We are also comforted in the fact that our 4 year old bullie, ā€œElvisā€œ, will help us through the grieving process.

The veterinary staff that tended to Cozmeaux were absolutely wonderful, compassionate peopleā€¦..those working in emergency veterinary care are some of the finest people out thereā€¦..definitely not an easy job and those folks to be commended.

Keith and Bertha Dupuis
Montgomery, Texas

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry for your loss.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@Squeezer So sorry for your loss of Cozmeaux. Many of us have had losses and we do know the awful feeling. To us, they are little people and best friends. People who have not had Bullies don't know how special they are. He is at the Rainbow bridge and running free with no pain, and new friends. Btw, I love the spelling of his name

OP
S

Squeezer

Nov 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cozmeaux ,Elvis
@Squeezer So sorry for your loss of Cozmeaux. Many of us have had losses and we do know the awful feeling. To us, they are little people and best friends. People who have not had Bullies don't know how special they are. He is at the Rainbow bridge and running free with no pain, and new friends. Btw, I love the spelling of his name
Thanks much! They are such as special breed of dog for sure! We are originally from Lafayette, LA , so the Cajun spelling appealed to us ( I was a huge Seinfeld fan and liked the Cosmo Kramer character).

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy... May he rest well and run pain free at the bridge

OP
S

Squeezer

Nov 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cozmeaux ,Elvis
So very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy... May he rest well and run pain free at the bridge
thanks much! He will be happy with all the other bullies that have crossed over before himā€¦.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So sorry. Alway hard to accept when we lose our little fur babies. R.I.P. Cozmeaux

:angelheart:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
You did right by Cozz...
RIP little one

OP
S

Squeezer

Nov 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cozmeaux ,Elvis
You did right by Cozz...
RIP little one
Thank you very much! Iā€˜ve never understood the ā€œsigns ā€œ that pets send from the afterlife, but have had at least 5 since this past Saturdayā€¦.strange but definitely not coincidenta.

Members online

No members online now.