RIP Buster. Lymphoma

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am writing this absolutely heartbroken. We had to say goodbye to my loyal shadow today.

He has been having chronic bloody diarrhea for the last 3 weeks (after the previous constipation issue). We tried the usual antibiotics, bland diet, pumpkin, etc. all to no avail. A few days ago, we realized his lymph nodes under his neck were swollen so we made another appointment to see our vet which we did on Thursday. He took x-rays and aspirated a node for testing.
The x-rays showed a large mass in his abdomen. Yesterday the lymph node results came back and confirmed everything we feared.

I reread @2BullyMama’s thread about Lambeau and the symptoms were the same. I could almost have written it myself.

He has been showing signs of increased discomfort the past two days, he couldn’t settle anywhere, so we made the only decision for him that we could. Buster is 10 years old and now virtually blind. We have only had him 3.5 years but boy, did he take up a big chunk of my heart.
I am going to be so lost without him.

We arranged for him to be put to sleep here at home and the vet that came was Chumly’s old vet! It made things a little bit easier under the circumstances as I always liked her. The practice she used to work at was sold to a corporation and she did not like that so moved on.

So, fly high my beloved friend and join Chumly and Monty up amongst the stars.

Last edited:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh my goodness…my heart is breaking for you. I’m so sorry. RIP sweet boy 💔

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@1Chumly I am so sorry that you lost your sidekick Buster. He fought the good fight and now has relief at the rainbow bridge. He has joined many friends and was a brave boy and a good friend to you.. A lot of us know how hard it is to loose them-Prayers for you.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I am sorry to read this :( Rest peacefully sweet boy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
PAM!!! No! I’m heartbroken for you all. So incredibly sorry for the sudden loss of your handsome sweet lovable boy! Sending many hugs and prayers to you and the family.

Rest well at the bridge Buster.. we love you and will miss you.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Letting Buster go without suffering was the greatest gift you could be possibly give…along with the wonderful years you gave each other.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm heartsick over hearing this... my sincerest condolences to you my friend. Buster may you RIP sweet boy, and we will see you once again at the rainbow bridge!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My heart just sunk 💔. I am so so sorry.

Even if it was just a few years, Buster knew from day one you brought him home he won the jackpot. You’re a great bully momma and he sure knew it.

R.I.P. beautiful Boy ❤️

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I'm so sorry for your loss. They truly are the hardest goodbyes. RIP Buster xoxo

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
It's been such a long time since I have been on as I have been having issues with my own.
This was my biggest fear upon logging in.. These are the posts i never, ever want to see..

I am so very very sorry for the loss of sweet Buster. I can imagine the hurt and pain you are feeling.
I know you only had him a few years, but it only takes a few minutes for them to take our whole heart.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. Rest easy sweet boy. :heart:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Our sincerest condolences to you and your family. Thank you for making his suffering disappear. I really think Buster is playing with Jewel and Bentley across the Rainbow Bridge

RIP Buster.

Members online

No members online now.