My best friend Kevin just passed... 10/29/2013 - 7/19/2023

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
I know time will make me feel better... but today I am destroyed.

He was a good dog,
my friend,
my comfort.

I love you big guy... my chunky.
Until we snuggle again.

💔

DSC01725 Large.jpeg

DSC00274 Large.jpeg

Kevin-2.jpg
kevin-sleep1.jpg

tough_guy.jpg

Attachments

• BKM_5961.jpg
    BKM_5961.jpg
    775.3 KB · Views: 18

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
rest in peace chunky kevin, you good boy

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so sorry for your loss. A handsome boy!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry about your loss of Kevin.:angelheart: I remember big handsome Kevin,hadn't seen him in awhile. He will meet many friends who have gone to the Rainbow bridge.I do know the loss you feel. @TheLost

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Our sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved Kevin. We too have felt the sting of losses of Jewel and Bentley.

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for everybody's kind words. As my kids moved out and I started working from home he became even more of my 'right-hand man' (right next to me 24/7).

Over the past few years as his arthritis got worse somehow taking care of him became a large focus of my day. Medications, making sure he was comfortable, making him move around, exercise, and bathroom breaks.. all of that got absorbed into 'normal'.

When his heart started to fail... mine cracked.

I'm sitting here working but all I notice is he isn't at my feet.

I've lost many dogs over the years. Kevin is going to be the hardest for me to recover from.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My heart is crushed for you... Kevin was a fantastic dog, he has the best resting mean mug around and we thank you for sharing him with us over the years.
We all love him and enjoy his adventures that you shared with us.

Sending you tons o hugs

Rest well handsome Kevin

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH gosh... I just heard the news, and I'm SO heartbroken over this!!! I'm SO so sorry... we've been w/Kevin from the beginning. You gave him all the BEST... he had a wonderful life, and I will so miss all his stories. Sending love and hugs to you my friend :angelheart:

OP
TheLost

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well... My wife got me a puppy. Part of me thinks it's more for Molly** (our older EB) who is also missing her playmate Kevin. But I guess she has been planning this since we knew Kevin's time was ending.

I told her months ago I couldn't do another bulldog anytime soon. I had been thinking about it for a long time, and I just couldn't replace Kevin. (logically I know it's not the same... but... ).

Anyway... I guess I own a Mini Bernedoodle (F1b) now. She won't be old enough to come home until the end of August.

I'm meeting her for the first time next Wednesday.

A Doodle!?! Kevin and I would sit at the dog park laughing at all the Doodles... Overpriced Mutts is what Kevin would say. (well.. I would say it for him.. but he was in agreement)... I'm not sure about this.

I guess I'll interview her for the position... Her resume (DNA reports on her and her parents) is impressive, and I could use some help around the office. It would be nice to have somebody around to wear Molly down and not have to drive her to play dates every other day.

I'm just repeating in my head what my wife says... "I'm not replacing Kevin, I'm just adding a new dog into my heart."

(but it doesn't stop the hurt)

** I honestly think Molly is a vampire. She's almost 13.. sleeps all day.. strolls out of her crate around 4 pm.. then still does the 'zoomies' the rest of the night.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Well... My wife got me a puppy. Part of me thinks it's more for Molly** (our older EB) who is also missing her playmate Kevin. But I guess she has been planning this since we knew Kevin's time was ending.

I told her months ago I couldn't do another bulldog anytime soon. I had been thinking about it for a long time, and I just couldn't replace Kevin. (logically I know it's not the same... but... ).

Anyway... I guess I own a Mini Bernedoodle (F1b) now. She won't be old enough to come home until the end of August.

I'm meeting her for the first time next Wednesday.

A Doodle!?! Kevin and I would sit at the dog park laughing at all the Doodles... Overpriced Mutts is what Kevin would say. (well.. I would say it for him.. but he was in agreement)... I'm not sure about this.

I guess I'll interview her for the position... Her resume (DNA reports on her and her parents) is impressive, and I could use some help around the office. It would be nice to have somebody around to wear Molly down and not have to drive her to play dates every other day.

I'm just repeating in my head what my wife says... "I'm not replacing Kevin, I'm just adding a new dog into my heart."

(but it doesn't stop the hurt)

** I honestly think Molly is a vampire. She's almost 13.. sleeps all day.. strolls out of her crate around 4 pm.. then still does the 'zoomies' the rest of the night.

It may help your other dog adjust to the loss of Kevin.

Of course Kevin is never replaceable, they are all unique and no one can be replaced, However once you have more than 1 dog and the dogs play with each other and you all bond, it’s hard to not have more than 1 dog.

Dogs bring SO much joy to us and yes we now have realized how tough it is to lose them(one of our dogs passed 2 months ago and it was the hardest decision), but it’s still so worth it to have dogs, they are definitely a worry at times of health issues, but again I wouldn’t be without a dog.

I’m sure your current dog will be happy to have a puppy to play with and keep her and you company!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Members online

No members online now.