Thank Goodness

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
We had little moment with Ellie this AM, she woke up and was trying to clear something out of her throat (which is Normal for her) as she has a pocket on her throat , but this AM it just seemed she could not just get it all clear.

SOOOO - Ellie's house has forced Hot air, and a Woodstove for heat (more dry air), so this mama was thinking it was just some phlem build up, and had daddy wrestle her down, and mama gave her a shot of Lemon, and THANKFULLY that did the trick, but keeping an eye on her

BUT where did I read this kind of information, HERE on EBN. :love: :love: :love:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Years ago when "we" had a woodstove for heat, we kept a pot of water on the stove to put some humidity in the air.
Yes the lemon was on years ago-happy that you remembered and that you came to Ellie's rescue!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
We have a fire place n last winter I bought a humidifier. Heating a house plus a fire place is way too dry. Worth buying. 👍

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Years ago when "we" had a woodstove for heat, we kept a pot of water on the stove to put some humidity in the air.
Yes the lemon was on years ago-happy that you remembered and that you came to Ellie's rescue!
Yes, I had the same growing up, our fireplace is a wall insert.

I do have a plug in Humidifier, that silly me forgot to plug in

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WHEW!!! thanks goodness you were home with her too

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
WHEW!!! thanks goodness you were home with her too
OMG yes, it was during Very early morning as we were just waking up!! :whew::whew: and her vet told us years ago forced dry air heat will cause them have thicker mucus, causing them to "cough" a bit more. So this mama gave the lemon a shot, and The lemon juice worked great, and helped quickly

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.