How often do you clean their face wrinkles.

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
I wash my dogs nose rope with duoxo s3 and wash the rest of her face with a mild soapy wipe. How often do you think I should be doing this? Normally I do it twice per week and she gets a thick brown crust that just flakes off. Any suggestions on how I can prevent this brown stuff from accumulating?

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
something in their diet might be contributing. When I had Vada on merrick, she almost immediately had rope issues where she didn't before or after switching on/off.

You can minimize pretty well the problems by keeping it clean and very dry. The nose rope is right there when the dog is eating, therefore I think it is important to clean after every meal. Make sure it is 10000% dry. Then add something to keep it dry. Neopredef is magic (not for puppies!!) when there is irritation, cornstarch is magic when there isn't.

Check out this thread from 2011

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I wash my dogs nose rope with duoxo s3 and wash the rest of her face with a mild soapy wipe. How often do you think I should be doing this? Normally I do it twice per week and she gets a thick brown crust that just flakes off. Any suggestions on how I can prevent this brown stuff from accumulating?

After my French Bulldog eats a meal, I always wipe his chops/mouth with a warm cloth after each meal.

When I clean his wrinkles, I wipe them down with a wrinkle cloth and then I use the natural Dog Company brand wrinkle balm. That wrinkle balm is very good for crusty wrinkles or any irritation in the wrinkles, so I use it about 2 days a week for maintenance/preventative. And when he did have wrinkle issues, i used the balm every day and it worked within 2 days of using it(less irritated).

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Everyday before noon I make an espresso or a special coffee in my espresso machine. When I got Jake he was 2.5y/o ish. He was n still a curious dog n when he would hear the steam coming out of the wand, he come running n sat right smack there under the machine n just stare up at me like he wanted something. I took the advantage of his sitting there to give a quick clean of his rope n ears while coffee was doing its thing. Then he got a treat. To this day he still does his little routine. He knows he’ll get a treat.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep daily if i remember and get the time. But, I always wipe them face/folds after meals

Members online

No members online now.