Food change

Arlo_moreno21

Aug 26, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Arlo
I have a 6 month English bulldog, Iā€™ve hooked him to vet occasionally for allergies noticed bumps on him and itā€™s occasionally happening I give him royal canin bulldog puppy he donā€™t wanna eat it no more gets diarrhea suggestions on changing food anyone helps will mean a lot my poor baby vets are so hard to get into now

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would look on www.dogfoodadvisor.com to see what they recommend... Royal Canin honestly isn't the best option. I used Fromm puppy for my bullies and they thrived on it.

OP
A

Arlo_moreno21

Aug 26, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Arlo
omg thank you so much definitely gonna look got a lot of recommendations to purine pro plan and taste of the wild my poor baby I been giving him white rice and chicken

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
omg thank you so much definitely gonna look got a lot of recommendations to purine pro plan and taste of the wild my poor baby I been giving him white rice and chicken
Stay away from the Royal Canin, Science Hill or anything made by Purina. Fit for farm animals cause itā€™s mostly and/or all grains. If youā€™re going with kibbles stay with Acana, Fromm, Zignature. Best diet for a dog, is a raw. The kibbles mentioned above are high quality.

SlimsMom

Mar 17, 2021
Lakeland, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Slim
My Slim gets the bumps and then bald spots if I take him off Natures Balance Grain Free. Taste of the Wild really messed him up. He did great on the puppy food, but when I switched to Adult it was bad. Orijen caused spots and bumps and so did Acana. I guess they are all different in what they can tolerate. First the bumps, and then the bald spots. Slim will be four on Saturday!!

Kmac869902

May 9, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
We ran out of Fromms for our almost four year old, Gus. My husband stopped at a grocery store and picked up a cheaper brand (Purina) and Gus ended up with super dry spots(lumps) that were very flaky and itchy! Brought him to the vets and she showed me that there were red rings at the base of these lumps! It was a Staph infection! Caused by the poor quality food. The antibiotic and allergy med took care of everything and his spots are slowly filling back in with hair! He also has Alopecia, but that is looking much better since changing from grain-free food to the Fromms ā™„ļø

Deanna P

Aug 11, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mama Mia
My female Bully seems to have skin allergy issues
but when I took chicken out of her diet the bumps went away,
my male Bully had balding spots but after taking out all chicken
he hasn't had those problems at all.
You have to read every ingredient list because
chicken is in everything!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some of the better kibbles are. Zingnature, Fromm, Eath, Open Farm, Acana ā€¦ try to avoid chicken

Ftshumate

Jul 20, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiddly Winks
Feed zignature/ zeesential formula. It is chicken free which is a must for bulldogs. Bravecto is great for skin problems.

Members online

No members online now.