Lambeau 10/22/2014 - 1/13/2024

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AFTER 18 months of fighting lymphoma, we said goodbye to our sweet, lovable, orange ball obsessed, wiggle butt, big mush Lambeau on Saturday 1/13/2024. He had run out of options with chemo, rallied a few times from the lows but having never achieved full remission we could not go back to any protocols. On Wednesday 1/10/24 he was placed on palliative care and started going downhill quickly. We hospitalized him on Thursday overnight for fluids and observation, to give some relief and time for us to say goodbye. We made the decision to help him pass so we brought him home Friday night to love on him one last time. We had a necropsy performed and it answered why he declined so quickly this week, his abdominal nodes had ruptured. Having that information confirmed we did right by him as he would had suffered in pain if we had not scheduled his passing. We are heartbroken, devastated and miss him terribly. But we are at peace and happy we made the decision that was best for him. *UCK cancer 💔💔😓

He is running around squeaking his favorite orange ball and playing wildly with Nitschke and Banks and comparing notes on who was Mom and Dads favorite 😂. I'm sure Banks is keeping him in line and Nitschke is just wanting to play/cuddle. We love him so so much and miss him even more.

Beau loved more than anything a squeaky orange tennis ball, oh wait, no, food, any type of food, he never spit anything out that I gave him to eat... it went down, he would beg quietly by just staring very focused and wait for a taste of anything I was preparing, cooking or eating.. he knew Mom would share. He also loved his potty buddy, a moose paddle, regardless of how he felt or time of day/night, "the paddle" had to go along with him. he was not a fan of other dogs, but he so loved every person he met.

He gave us so much love and joy... it is a very quite house now without his nails dragging on the hardwood floor, his constant sighing, and his soft soothing snore.

Hug those babies tight each and every day.

rest well my sweet boy... till we meet again in heaven.

iphone download 8.2022 644.JPGiphone download 8.2022 059.JPGiphone download 8.2022 061.JPGiphone download 8.2022 254.JPGiphone download 8.2022 678.JPGiphone download 8.2022 688.JPGiphone download 8.2022 805.JPGiphone download 8.2022 532.JPGiphone download 8.2022 498.JPGiphone download 8.2022 270.JPGiphone download 8.2022 474.JPGiphone download 8.2022 816.JPGiphone download 8.2022 396.JPG

Attachments

• iphone download 8.2022 196.JPG
    iphone download 8.2022 196.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Rest in Peace, Lambeau...truly a special boy.
Christine, thanks so much for documenting Lambeau's journey...yours too. I know it was a very difficult process right up to the final page. You've done us all a great service.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh Christine I am so very sorry for your loss!!! I am not in the forums much but pop in now and then and read this today. I have tears in my eyes for what I am sure is so much pain and loss. You are the BEST fur mama ever! You have helped me personally so many times over the past 9 years. God Bless you friend, I hope the days and memories bring some sort of comfort.

Big Bully Hugs!!!!

Sue and Joey

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Rest in peace sweet baby. I prayed and hoped you would have more time with him. Thank you for being such a good fur parent. Deciding to let him rest is such a hard decision. Sending you hugs and prayers.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Christine, We are so sorry, You were the most Amazing Fur Mama Ever, Lambeau lived his best life. Rest Easy Sweet boy, We loved all your dress up photos mom would share. Lot of love to you Christine from Me and Ellie

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Oh Christine, I am so very, very sorry. My first time on in several months, so I immediately searched for Lambeau. I truly did not want to find this post. It is with sobbing tears and a heavy heart that i send you this note.
What an amazing momma you were to sweet Lambeau. He knew it and gave you his very best. In turn you did the hardest thing for you but what was best for him. I pray for you and your family for the tremendous loss you are feeling. I hope all of the funny, sweet and snuggly memories bring you some comfort in all the days to come.

Rest in peace sweet boy. Run free and get that orange ball!
Much love from me, Stella and Harvey. :angelheart:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Im so sorry to hear this but so grateful that that sweet boy had you for his mama to love him and bless him through life. Love and prayers, me and my boy Hank
angelheart.gif

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
AFTER 18 months of fighting lymphoma, we said goodbye to our sweet, lovable, orange ball obsessed, wiggle butt, big mush Lambeau on Saturday 1/13/2024. He had run out of options with chemo, rallied a few times from the lows but having never achieved full remission we could not go back to any protocols. On Wednesday 1/10/24 he was placed on palliative care and started going downhill quickly. We hospitalized him on Thursday overnight for fluids and observation, to give some relief and time for us to say goodbye. We made the decision to help him pass so we brought him home Friday night to love on him one last time. We had a necropsy performed and it answered why he declined so quickly this week, his abdominal nodes had ruptured. Having that information confirmed we did right by him as he would had suffered in pain if we had not scheduled his passing. We are heartbroken, devastated and miss him terribly. But we are at peace and happy we made the decision that was best for him. *UCK cancer 💔💔😓

He is running around squeaking his favorite orange ball and playing wildly with Nitschke and Banks and comparing notes on who was Mom and Dads favorite 😂. I'm sure Banks is keeping him in line and Nitschke is just wanting to play/cuddle. We love him so so much and miss him even more.

Beau loved more than anything a squeaky orange tennis ball, oh wait, no, food, any type of food, he never spit anything out that I gave him to eat... it went down, he would beg quietly by just staring very focused and wait for a taste of anything I was preparing, cooking or eating.. he knew Mom would share. He also loved his potty buddy, a moose paddle, regardless of how he felt or time of day/night, "the paddle" had to go along with him. he was not a fan of other dogs, but he so loved every person he met.

He gave us so much love and joy... it is a very quite house now without his nails dragging on the hardwood floor, his constant sighing, and his soft soothing snore.

Hug those babies tight each and every day.

rest well my sweet boy... till we meet again in heaven.

View attachment 125095View attachment 125086View attachment 125087View attachment 125089View attachment 125096View attachment 125097View attachment 125098View attachment 125094View attachment 125093View attachment 125090View attachment 125092View attachment 125099View attachment 125091
As you already know -- i sent you private message giving you my condolence. He was such a handsome young man. On a brighter note, Lambeau is no longer dealing with pain, in fact he is running alongside with my German Shepherd (Bo-bear) having the time of their lives. Come March 10th my baby would have been 10 years old.:cry:.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thank you all so very much.... it is 8 weeks this Saturday and I still cry daily -- miss that mush so very much💔💔