Zignature VS The Honest Kitchen

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Iā€™m currently feeding Fran Darwinā€™s Raw. Unfortunately, itā€™s too expensive for me to continue with. I have about a week or 2 supply left. These are the 2 brands that Iā€™m considering now. Anyone have any opinions? Iā€™ve seen ads for the Honest Kitchen dehydrated and the videos show it being served having a porridge like consistencyā€¦Iā€™m unsure if thatā€™s something Fran will love or not. Maybe.
Also it seems less expensive than the Zignature 25 lb bag. As it makes 40 lbsā€¦.wonder if they are equal in quality and nutrition. Any thoughts? IMG_1815.pngIMG_1819.pngIMG_1818.png

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Honest Kitchen vs Zignature

Honest Kitchen would be a higher quality for sure. If you canā€™t afford it, Zignature is good n simply add raw organs especially liver as a Topper to the Kibbles. Buy the raw organs at your supermarket or asl local farmers. If youā€™re going with HK, make sure your dog eats raw marrow bones. Needs to chew for the teeth

Theres also this ā¤µļø

Attachments

• IMG_1207.jpeg
    IMG_1207.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1213.jpeg
    IMG_1213.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    869.1 KB · Views: 10
OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
Honest Kitchen vs Zignature

Honest Kitchen would be a higher quality for sure. If you canā€™t afford it, Zignature is good n simply add raw organs especially liver as a Topper to the Kibbles. Buy the raw organs at your supermarket or asl local farmers. If youā€™re going with HK, make sure your dog eats raw marrow bones. Needs to chew for the teeth

Theres also this ā¤µļø
thank you! Funny, the honest Kitchen is almost $10 less and says it makes 40 pounds. So then the healthier food is less expensive. I think that may seal the deal for us lol unless I am misunderstanding the portions. Perhaps the honest kitchen is a larger portion canceling my calculation out. šŸ˜‚. Fran is four months old I have not found anything on the in the description that specifically says for puppies. Would you think this is OK for her age?

Last edited:

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
thank you! Funny, the honest Kitchen is almost $10 less and says it makes 40 pounds. So then the healthier food is less expensive. I think that may seal the deal for us lol unless I am misunderstanding the portions. Perhaps the honest kitchen is a larger portion canceling my calculation out. šŸ˜‚. Fran is four months old I have not found anything on the in the description that specifically says for puppies. Would you think this is OK for her age?
Around 4-6 months I would stop with puppy food anyway, so I think you're good to go (note: I have no opinions on honest kitchen)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Iā€™m currently feeding Fran Darwinā€™s Raw. Unfortunately, itā€™s too expensive for me to continue with. I have about a week or 2 supply left. These are the 2 brands that Iā€™m considering now. Anyone have any opinions? Iā€™ve seen ads for the Honest Kitchen dehydrated and the videos show it being served having a porridge like consistencyā€¦Iā€™m unsure if thatā€™s something Fran will love or not. Maybe.
Also it seems less expensive than the Zignature 25 lb bag. As it makes 40 lbsā€¦.wonder if they are equal in quality and nutrition. Any thoughts?View attachment 124923View attachment 124922View attachment 124921
THK is a great food... we used it for a bit with our previous pups until we found the raw we currently feed. it is an oatmeal consistency so like helene stated, be sure they get marrow bones to chew on to help with teeth cleeaning. I think, if you check their website, they might sell sample packets that you can try before jumping fully in.
My sister fed Zingnature duck to he GSDs and they did very well on it

OP
Kfam

Kfam

Sep 19, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Undecided
THK is a great food... we used it for a bit with our previous pups until we found the raw we currently feed. it is an oatmeal consistency so like helene stated, be sure they get marrow bones to chew on to help with teeth cleeaning. I think, if you check their website, they might sell sample packets that you can try before jumping fully in.
My sister fed Zingnature duck to he GSDs and they did very well on it
Thanks! I was starting to add THK to my cart and realized most of it has chicken and grain free. Not a whole lot of variety availableā€¦.then I stumbled upon nature logic, and that seems to have a lot to choose from. So now I am sort of going in that directionā€¦ such a big decision! šŸ˜‚ I canā€™t believe the hours I am spending reading up on different dog foods! Lolā€¦. Sheā€™s worth every minute though šŸ˜šŸ¤£

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! I was starting to add THK to my cart and realized most of it has chicken and grain free. Not a whole lot of variety availableā€¦.then I stumbled upon nature logic, and that seems to have a lot to choose from. So now I am sort of going in that directionā€¦ such a big decision! šŸ˜‚ I canā€™t believe the hours I am spending reading up on different dog foods! Lolā€¦. Sheā€™s worth every minute though šŸ˜šŸ¤£
It can be overwhelming and very time consuming, but as you said, they re well worth it

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes you can start getting off puppy stage especially if youā€™re feeding on the raw side. Wonā€™t make a difference. If you go with kibbles I personally would wait it out till 6 months old. Zignature does have puppy formula. But do add toppers. You got this šŸ‘

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
We love Honest Kitchen, and one of my bulldogs has pretty bad allergies but HK has limited ingredient versions and they are great! We love Turkey, Fish and Duck. All available w/ limited ingredients.

Members online

No members online now.