SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Re: Puppy diarrhea

WOW.... he looks good! Fantastic work ladies... you got this. Continued prayers to you all

He is well and happy today! I have been sleeping in the living room so I can make frequent checks on him as I own two birds and donā€™t want them in contact with each other right now, and when I checked on him at about 5 this morning he shot up like a bullet and was ready to rumble. I took him out and he went crazy on me like we just met lol he was kissing me all over (I washed my face after) and even tried to chew my ear, my gut was telling me heā€™s hungry so I went to the fridge to get the baby food and he sat between my legs in front of the fridge (usually he parks himself a little bit away I think itā€™s because he doesnā€™t like the dishwasher) but he wanted to be front and center. So I scoop some out and he is ravenous, itā€™s like all those days of not eating caught up to him and he ate two and a half jars of baby food! (About 6 oz) although we had to force some water in him it was amazing to see him so perky. He still has not thrown up or had anymore diarrhea but heā€™s still urinating regularly. Weā€™re about to give him his medicine so he will be sleeping soon but this morning has just been a blessing. Im finally starting to see the puppy I know and adore again.

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear

He is well and happy today! I have been sleeping in the living room so I can make frequent checks on him as I own two birds and donā€™t want them in contact with each other right now, and when I checked on him at about 5 this morning he shot up like a bullet and was ready to rumble. I took him out and he went crazy on me like we just met lol he was kissing me all over (I washed my face after) and even tried to chew my ear, my gut was telling me heā€™s hungry so I went to the fridge to get the baby food and he sat between my legs in front of the fridge (usually he parks himself a little bit away I think itā€™s because he doesnā€™t like the dishwasher) but he wanted to be front and center. So I scoop some out and he is ravenous, itā€™s like all those days of not eating caught up to him and he ate two and a half jars of baby food! (About 6 oz) although we had to force some water in him it was amazing to see him so perky. He still has not thrown up or had anymore diarrhea but heā€™s still urinating regularly. Weā€™re about to give him his medicine so he will be sleeping soon but this morning has just been a blessing. Im finally starting to see the puppy I know and adore again.

Here he is from last night upset with his potty situation while we let the floors dry [emoji38]
2495d8c6c99c390dd5052a3c1827d329.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)

Good news! And interesting to read about the disinfectants. I have learned a lot about parvo here over the last days (I've never heard of anyone here contracting parvo although it apparently does exist as dogs are vaccinated against here too).

- - - Updated - - -

Here he is from last night upset with his potty situation while we let the floors dry [emoji38]

oh my goodness - that face!

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear

Good news! And interesting to read about the disinfectants. I have learned a lot about parvo here over the last days (I've never heard of anyone here contracting parvo although it apparently does exist as dogs are vaccinated against here too).

- - - Updated - - -

oh my goodness - that face!

Iā€™ve personally never dealt with this before but I suppose Iā€™ll take it as a learning experience and it honestly sucks that bear got it as he already had his first round of parvo shots I donā€™t know if they have helped or not but Iā€™m assuming they donā€™t hurt. Iā€™m happy Bear can be used to help other people know about this horrific disease, and maybe provide support if they ever have to deal with it, I truly think the thing that saved his life was not waiting to take him to the vet, his usual vet was booked and when we explained the situation they were basically like ā€œif he acts the same tomorrow bring him inā€ my mom was not about to wait so we found out new vet and they agreed with his age and history this was high risk, we were told after if we would have waited to medicate then he most likely would have passed that night. Suffice to say we wonā€™t go back to the old overpriced vet for bear. I can never seem to keep my replies short I am so sorry [emoji28]

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo

Suffice to say we wonā€™t go back to the old
Like I stated before, this Vet has been spot on through this ordeal and has been extremely helpful in your home care mission. Many Vets would not be so helpful to someone that wanted to treat at home, I'm afraid. They would be a bit put-off and dismissive. A little "above and beyond" can go a long way...a new customer.
Also, I recall warning you about bouncing off the walls...here it comes!
You've done well in your crash course on Extreme Bulldog Care

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Let me out... I need to play and bite some toes! Canā€™t say enough how great of a job you are doing... hugs all around

BTW... I edited the thread title to include Parvo so if anyone is looking it pops up for them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Let me out... I need to play and bite some toes! Canā€™t say enough how great of a job you are doing... hugs all around

BTW... I edited the thread title to include Parvo so if anyone is looking it pops up for them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great idea!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Iā€™ve personally never dealt with this before but I suppose Iā€™ll take it as a learning experience and it honestly sucks that bear got it as he already had his first round of parvo shots I donā€™t know if they have helped or not but Iā€™m assuming they donā€™t hurt. Iā€™m happy Bear can be used to help other people know about this horrific disease, and maybe provide support if they ever have to deal with it, I truly think the thing that saved his life was not waiting to take him to the vet, his usual vet was booked and when we explained the situation they were basically like ā€œif he acts the same tomorrow bring him inā€ my mom was not about to wait so we found out new vet and they agreed with his age and history this was high risk, we were told after if we would have waited to medicate then he most likely would have passed that night. Suffice to say we wonā€™t go back to the old overpriced vet for bear. I can never seem to keep my replies short I am so sorry [emoji28]

Disinfection isnā€™t the word. You want my house keys? Loll

Baby food in jars is full of moisture. Probably why he doesnā€™t want as much water. Some of us members feeds our dogs a raw diet n I can tell you our dogs donā€™t drink as much either. Youā€™re doing such a fantastic job. Very inspiring. Like Chip mentioned, you now have found a new vet.

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear

Disinfection isnā€™t the word. You want my house keys? Loll

Baby food in jars is full of moisture. Probably why he doesnā€™t want as much water. Some of us members feeds our dogs a raw diet n I can tell you our dogs donā€™t drink as much either. Youā€™re doing such a fantastic job. Very inspiring. Like Chip mentioned, you now have found a new vet.

Yes we love her and will recommend her to everyone we know, due to Covid I couldnā€™t go into the room with my mother and she has really bad anxiety so I was super worried when she called me out in the car and was like ā€œbear tested positive for parvo, heā€™s really sick we may have to put him downā€ Iā€™m like wait hold the phone. But she said Dr. Denney and her staff were amazing and were giving her just as much comfort as they did Bear. Weā€™re planning on making them a gift basket as a form of thanks for them saving our baby.

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear

Like I stated before, this Vet has been spot on through this ordeal and has been extremely helpful in your home care mission. Many Vets would not be so helpful to someone that wanted to treat at home, I'm afraid. They would be a bit put-off and dismissive. A little "above and beyond" can go a long way...a new customer.
Also, I recall warning you about bouncing off the walls...here it comes!
You've done well in your crash course on Extreme Bulldog Care

Heā€™s doing extremely well this morning, ate a bunch of food had a good pee and will not stop attacking us lol he was doing so well with no bite and itā€™s like heā€™s completely forgotten [emoji24] but itā€™s okay we can just start over. We are going to ask the vet about dosing down on the gel and rebound as we bought new bottles of each, heā€™s had so much energy we donā€™t know what to do, we need to get him more toys as we threw a few out but weā€™re scared to track our feet into the pet stores, we have been spraying diluted bleach on the bottom of our shoes before we leave, I just remembered weā€™re going to have to clean the car out too [emoji28] but heā€™s looking good and weā€™re working on sanitizing everything so thatā€™s great!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm SO happy to see this... you can tell right away that he's on the mend. You are doing a fantastic job of taking good "home" care of him!!!

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Heā€™s pooped normal!! Heā€™s also eating and drinking on his own!!! Weā€™re going to continue his medication and then take him to the vet for his shots on the 26th and the vet agreed to look at him then too! Things are looking up [emoji3590] heā€™s currently chasing my mom attacking her ankles [emoji1787][emoji1787]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Heā€™s pooped normal!! Heā€™s also eating and drinking on his own!!! Weā€™re going to continue his medication and then take him to the vet for his shots on the 26th and the vet agreed to look at him then too! Things are looking up [emoji3590] heā€™s currently chasing my mom attacking her ankles [emoji1787][emoji1787]

AWESOME!!! Fantastic work! He has great pawents!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Ask your vet if it would be wiser to wait a few more weeks for shots to build back his immune system. He went through such an ordeal.
Just a thought.

OP
SidNBear

SidNBear

Apr 11, 2021
Houston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Ask your vet if it would be wiser to wait a few more weeks for shots to build back his immune system. He went through such an ordeal.
Just a thought.

Weā€™re going to be taking him up there for a check up around next week when we run out of antibiotics and get him looked at (he also got an ear infection when he was diagnosed but the antibiotics were supposedly going to help that too) weā€™ll be asking about the medicine and his shots also about his food and a microchip. Also heā€™s developed a bit of a sniffle since yesterday and has a bit of a runny nose weā€™re going to call tomorrow and ask about it as they are closed on the weekends.

Members online

No members online now.