It’s a big day for Louie!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I thought about him lots yesterday but wasnt around today... Kind of glad so i didnt have to be worrrysome :) Let the healing begin :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
He'll be bouncing off the walls in no time. Get well soon, Louie

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Happy that the boy is through it okay! " Bye bye balls, bye bye humpiness, hello emptiness,think ahm a gonna' cry, bye bye MY balls goodbye" sings Louis.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Happy that the boy is through it okay! " Bye bye balls, bye bye humpiness, hello emptiness,think ahm a gonna' cry, bye bye MY balls goodbye" sings Louis.

HaHaHa! I don't think this is quite what the Everly Brothers had in mind! So funny! :goodone:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I decided to sleep on the couch tonight with Louie in crate so he doesn’t have to go up or down the stairs. He’s literally laying in his crate making the saddest noises. He doesn’t want to be in there tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How was the night? This morning?

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie was restless all night and cried almost all night. But this morning when I took him out he lifted his leg everywhere. You know, gotta remind the backyard that he's still a man.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
How was the night? This morning?

We must have posted at the same exact time:

Louie was restless all night and cried almost all night. But this morning when I took him out he lifted his leg everywhere. You know, gotta remind the backyard that he's still a man.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I came just to check on your boy :) He was just prob bummed if he wasnt in his usual sleep place. Hank im sure didnt even notice anything and no cone or anything either. I think it was a long ole 6 weeks or so before i saw any change in him and it was for us, changes i approve of. I know you wernt looking for changes (except the marking thing) and i think all will be just perfect. Hanks my same ole boy i just feel i did him a favor of not having the 'look' of 'looking for some chick or something' all the time. He just seems like a happy well adjusted boy.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I came just to check on your boy :) He was just prob bummed if he wasnt in his usual sleep place. Hank im sure didnt even notice anything and no cone or anything either. I think it was a long ole 6 weeks or so before i saw any change in him and it was for us, changes i approve of. I know you wernt looking for changes (except the marking thing) and i think all will be just perfect. Hanks my same ole boy i just feel i did him a favor of not having the 'look' of 'looking for some chick or something' all the time. He just seems like a happy well adjusted boy.

The last report I got from home (I'm at work) an hour or so ago was that "Louie is hyper." So it sounds like he back to his old self. I will probably sleep in the living room with him at least a couple more nights so he doesn't have to fly up and down the stairs. The vet did say that neutering will help with marking but it will NOT eliminate it as he's already started doing it. Louie was never a humper. Jax was a humper and not a marker and after he got neutered, the humping stopped but marking was never an issue with him.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Poor Louie - hope he will soon feel fine again!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
The last report I got from home (I'm at work) an hour or so ago was that "Louie is hyper." So it sounds like he back to his old self. I will probably sleep in the living room with him at least a couple more nights so he doesn't have to fly up and down the stairs. The vet did say that neutering will help with marking but it will NOT eliminate it as he's already started doing it. Louie was never a humper. Jax was a humper and not a marker and after he got neutered, the humping stopped but marking was never an issue with him.

oh YEA!! ya know what! I was trying to think of what changes i was waiting for during that 6 weeks! It was,,,, Hank has always been a very active boy but after neuter he went wild for that about 6 weeks. Hyper! I even think i asked something here (or the vet) about it i was real worried like "what did i do!!!!" He got real obnoxious and bossyish and I began to worry because of what Helsonwheels had learned about neurtering her shepard. I nearly got depressed about it as my sweet (most of the time) boy was a roudy bratt (not just his active self) and snotty as well. And THATS what i was happy about as far as 'change' that he did return to "HANK" (i was happy for his day to day him seeming happier as well, but i just couldnt remember what it was i was hoping to change.... ) sooooooooo, if he turns into a sort of different minded freekazoid, he should go back to his normal goofie self in time. I think hank (he was 18 months) was an oddity, but just incase it happens to yours, there is hope :)

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oh YEA!! ya know what! I was trying to think of what changes i was waiting for during that 6 weeks! It was,,,, Hank has always been a very active boy but after neuter he went wild for that about 6 weeks. Hyper! I even think i asked something here (or the vet) about it i was real worried like "what did i do!!!!" He got real obnoxious and bossyish and I began to worry because of what Helsonwheels had learned about neurtering her shepard. I nearly got depressed about it as my sweet (most of the time) boy was a roudy bratt (not just his active self) and snotty as well. And THATS what i was happy about as far as 'change' that he did return to "HANK" (i was happy for his day to day him seeming happier as well, but i just couldnt remember what it was i was hoping to change.... ) sooooooooo, if he turns into a sort of different minded freekazoid, he should go back to his normal goofie self in time. I think hank (he was 18 months) was an oddity, but just incase it happens to yours, there is hope :)

Louie has been hyper, obnoxious and bossy since the day he came home...hahahahaha! So that won't be a change for him. I wouldn't mind a little more sweetness. Right now, he is only a sweetie in the morning and at night when he is tired. During the day, he is a wild child. I am so used to Jax always wanting to cuddle where Louie is like no way, get away from me lol. Their personalities are like night and day but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
LOUIE'S 2 BEST AND CLOSEST FRIENDS ARE NOW GONE FOREVER. HE WILL NOT MISS THESE 2 FRIENDS, IT IS BETTER FOR HIM TO BE WITHOUT THEM.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
He’s getting back on track... good to hear..

Neuter, castration and vasectomy will mark anyway. My GS was castrated n others neutered n Duke vasectomy still/always marked. They are males!!! Lol

Members online

No members online now.