As promised, sash is home, new pics attached.

CJacko97

Jul 10, 2023
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Sash
Thanks for all your help guys, you've been amazing, Sash is currently tuckered out and sleeping in her cage. She's been home now for about 2 hours, so I've managed to upload some new pictures below:)

Bonus video:

unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogs! You are going to have a lot of fun. Congratulations!

OP
C

CJacko97

Jul 10, 2023
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Sash
Thanks everyone, she has been on-and-off crying in her crate, I've slowly eased her into it, she's currently fast asleep after tuckering herself out crying a bit. I'll see how she does tonight, it's currently 00:50am. She has puppy pads and enough room to go for a wee in her crate, I've set an alarm for 4am in case I don't wake up, but I think I'll probably wake up in the night anyhow to let her out, stretch her legs, and make sure she's ok!

If any one has any good training videos I can watch for an 8 week old puppy, I'd appreciate that!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
A general rule:
Typically, a puppy can control their bladder one hour for every month of age. So if your puppy is 2 months old, they can hold it for about two hours. Don't go longer than this between bathroom breaks or theyā€™re likely to have an accident.

NOT bulldog specific but some good advice anyway.

OP
C

CJacko97

Jul 10, 2023
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Sash
Thanks for your advice everyone, she has settled in very well, and has stopped the high-pitched yelling.

However, she did wake me up around 4am with some dry-heaving. From what I can research, this is likely due to acid building up for having too long between meals, so that's something I'll have to monitor.

She's currently on Orijen puppy food kibble. I got some dog puppy treats with the Prodog raw food that I purchased and gave her an ostritch puppy treat and around 30 mins later in her cage vommited, and it was very chunky in a big lump. If it happens again I'll take her to the vet.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thanks for your advice everyone, she has settled in very well, and has stopped the high-pitched yelling.

However, she did wake me up around 4am with some dry-heaving. From what I can research, this is likely due to acid building up for having too long between meals, so that's something I'll have to monitor.

She's currently on Orijen puppy food kibble. I got some dog puppy treats with the Prodog raw food that I purchased and gave her an ostritch puppy treat and around 30 mins later in her cage vommited, and it was very chunky in a big lump. If it happens again I'll take her to the vet.
Was there yellowish frothy phlem mixed in with the treat?

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

How many times a day do you feed her?

Puppies should get their daily food amount split up into 3 meals. Especially when they are young.

I fed my pups 4 times a day when they were pups, Breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack before bed. The dry heaving can be she is hungry and she needs to eat cause itā€™s Been too long between meals.

I found my pups slept better with a bedtime snack(1/4 of daily intake if feeding 4 meals during day).

One of my dogs now, he is 4 and he vomits foam if he goes too long without eating- so he needs breakfast, dinner and a snack before bed @10:00 before bed or he vomits in the middle of night. That all started when he was on low quality food. Still 4 years later he needs the bedtime snack.

Sounds like she vomited up the ostrich treat, which can be cause it was too big of a piece or she didnā€™t tolerate it or it went down the wrong way.
Too big of a piece was likely a issue if you say itā€™s lump she vomited 30 minutes later.

How is she tolerating the Orijen?

Have you tried her on raw yet?

OP
C

CJacko97

Jul 10, 2023
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Sash
How many times a day do you feed her?

Puppies should get their daily food amount split up into 3 meals. Especially when they are young.

I fed my pups 4 times a day when they were pups, Breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack before bed. The dry heaving can be she is hungry and she needs to eat cause itā€™s Been too long between meals.

I found my pups slept better with a bedtime snack(1/4 of daily intake if feeding 4 meals during day).

One of my dogs now, he is 4 and he vomits foam if he goes too long without eating- so he needs breakfast, dinner and a snack before bed @10:00 before bed or he vomits in the middle of night. That all started when he was on low quality food. Still 4 years later he needs the bedtime snack.

Sounds like she vomited up the ostrich treat, which can be cause it was too big of a piece or she didnā€™t tolerate it or it went down the wrong way.
Too big of a piece was likely a issue if you say itā€™s lump she vomited 30 minutes later.

How is she tolerating the Orijen?

Have you tried her on raw yet?
I've been feeding her 3 times a day, when I wake up, around 9am.. again around 1pm, and 6pm. I'll try feeding her a snack before bed, as the dry heaving always seems to be when she hasn't had a meal for too long.

How many grams of food would you feed an 8 week old puppy? I'm unsure if I've over-fed her, when she went sick. But when she was sick, it looked like normal vomit colour. I do think it was the ostrich treat, because it wasn't long after, it might have been a bit too big.. or it didn't agree with her, it was actually a freebie from the Proraw dog food that came, it got delivered this morning. She seemed to really enjoy it, and it was a soft treat, but I'll cut it into a smaller piece next time. Her vomit was in a big lump, and was really big compared to her size, maybe just smaller than golf-ball sized.

She enjoy the Orijen food, but I'm sure she would enjoy just about anything I'd put out.. 15 mins after vomitting she was lively and playful and no doubt hungry again as it looked like she hadn't digested anything due to how much she had vomitted.

I have not yet tried the raw.

OP
C

CJacko97

Jul 10, 2023
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Sash
Welp.. She has just been sick again, I have taken a picture of it this time, if anyone would like to see. I would not like to post that publicly.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I've been feeding her 3 times a day, when I wake up, around 9am.. again around 1pm, and 6pm. I'll try feeding her a snack before bed, as the dry heaving always seems to be when she hasn't had a meal for too long.

How many grams of food would you feed an 8 week old puppy? I'm unsure if I've over-fed her, when she went sick. But when she was sick, it looked like normal vomit colour. I do think it was the ostrich treat, because it wasn't long after, it might have been a bit too big.. or it didn't agree with her, it was actually a freebie from the Proraw dog food that came, it got delivered this morning. She seemed to really enjoy it, and it was a soft treat, but I'll cut it into a smaller piece next time. Her vomit was in a big lump, and was really big compared to her size, maybe just smaller than golf-ball sized.

She enjoy the Orijen food, but I'm sure she would enjoy just about anything I'd put out.. 15 mins after vomitting she was lively and playful and no doubt hungry again as it looked like she hadn't digested anything due to how much she had vomitted.

I have not yet tried the raw.

I would definitely try adding a meal right before bed so she doesnā€™t vomit on empty stomach hopefully!

When my French Bulldog was a pup, he was eating 1.5 cups per day when he came home to us.
There should be a feeding guide recommendations on the back of the bag of her food.

Smaller more frequent meals would be best for her in my opinion. Thatā€™s not acid reflux, but it is likely simply she needs smaller more frequent meals cause she vomits from being hungry.

Also, one thing I do with my dogs, is I donā€™t let them play hard and no walks until 2 hours AFTER they eat or let them play and go for walks before feeding her, as I donā€™t want them to get bloated and it can help then digest it better. But itā€™s up to you if you want to limit play after she eats a meal, especially the large meal.

Drinking lots of water too fast can also cause the vomit.
So she is also vomiting up the kibble??

Members online

No members online now.