won't stop coughing

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
i ordered the throat gold and respiratory support one from the same company, so waiting for that to come in the mail :/

hopefully that'll help her out. i haven't looked into the raw diet but maybe that's the next step.

Hopefully those supplements will clear her up. I have had good success with the Pet Well-being supplements.

The raw diet could definitely benefit her and her immune system.

Hope she improves soon!

Please keep me updated.

OP
B

butter312

May 23, 2023
Country
USA/Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter
i have her on respi-gold (same company as throat gold) and the best gut soothe and she seems a little less phlegmy and is coughing less. thank you all for your help :)

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
i have her on respi-gold (same company as throat gold) and the best gut soothe and she seems a little less phlegmy and is coughing less. thank you all for your help :)

Your welcome 🙂

That’s great news she is improving! I Hope she continues to improve.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Any update on how she is doing?

OP
B

butter312

May 23, 2023
Country
USA/Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter
welp, she's back on clavamox. she did very well for a minute there, went the longest she's ever gone really not on medication while using the throat gold, respi-gold, gut soothe, and lemon juice/honey combo. i also did try and switch her to a raw diet that weirdly didn't agree with her, so she's back on tom & sawyer prepared food (all gluten free/for sensitive stomachs).

she's got a hypoplastic trachea for sure, but would that cause all of this? she had to get more x-rays of her lungs and airways today so im waiting to hear back about the full report, hopefully will get it tomorrow...

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
welp, she's back on clavamox. she did very well for a minute there, went the longest she's ever gone really not on medication while using the throat gold, respi-gold, gut soothe, and lemon juice/honey combo. i also did try and switch her to a raw diet that weirdly didn't agree with her, so she's back on tom & sawyer prepared food (all gluten free/for sensitive stomachs).

she's got a hypoplastic trachea for sure, but would that cause all of this? she had to get more x-rays of her lungs and airways today so im waiting to hear back about the full report, hopefully will get it tomorrow...

That’s frustrating she is back on antibiotics, is she still having throat hold and respiratory gold or just the antibiotics?

That’s good she was doing well with the pet well-being throat gold and respir gold and gut soothe and the honey.

I would keep her on a probiotic and give it to her a few hours before or after the antibiotics to help keep her gut and immune system good(antibiotics destroy good and bad bacteria- good bacteria probiotics is what they need for immune system and gut health).

Which raw food did you try her on?

What protein is she eating now? Did you try her on the same protein she is currently on?

How long did you try her on raw for?

What brand of raw did you try her on??

I wouldn’t give up on trying her on raw just yet, maybe there is a better formula for her🙂

The Hypoplastic trachea can definitely cause the coughing and other symptoms.

Please keep us updated on results and how she is doing

Staff online

Members online