Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Here is Lambeau... i think he is 10 or 12 weeks here

https://youtu.be/Mqm4KTRSgM0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love this and exactly what i've done with my chi and bulldog... Hank still patiently waits for food and is very non aggressive... actually drops some out for little josie...of which i have to watch as she plumps up real fast..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm in a similar situation now. I had a 7 yr old french bulldog and just got a 2 yr old English Bulldog, both female. Most of the time they get along, but when something sets them off they go all feral and ferociously start biting each other. I've had to patch them up numerous times, especially the older frenchie. Instances that set them off include fighting over a toy, seeing another dog during a walk, being pet by a stranger. The younger newer English bulldog seems to be the aggressor, just like the article stated. I've been really tough on the English bulldog,so she won't think she's the alpha,but may have to rehome her if she keeps fighting.

Very tough.... two females, especially bulldog females... can be very difficult.

Best of luck... so hope it does not come to rehoming, but you have to do what is best for all of you :hug:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow, that is impressive! Ozzie inhales his food. Did you start with" stay" first with no food? When Ozzie sees food he goes into the Zone. He sees nothing, hears nothing, food is all and everything else is gone.

no food/treats.. it was a sit/stay with praise and the first few days were BRUTAL! He caught on pretty quick and when he 'got it' we praised and gave a treat. Now we just say... 'time to eat, go sit down' and they both go sit in the kitchen on the rug by the sink and wait till they are called to their bowl.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Interesting , not sure I agree mind you .
I only pick females and rare that I have issues at all not like stated in the article .
I have Odin and Dakota as males and have far far more issues with them ,it is the reason Dakota who loves The Prettyone is now living in the town house in Toronto and not up here with the rest of the pack.
I do agree it can be hareful to My health to break up to very large dogs when there at each other !

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Interesting , not sure I agree mind you .
I only pick females and rare that I have issues at all not like stated in the article .
I have Odin and Dakota as males and have far far more issues with them ,it is the reason Dakota who loves The Prettyone is now living in the town house in Toronto and not up here with the rest of the pack.
I do agree it can be hareful to My health to break up to very large dogs when there at each other !

Yes, like my forearm bite breaking up Daphne and the Havanese. I was not only bitten, but bruised down to the bone. It got infected and is just now really starting to heal after three weeks of yuckiness.

8defebb50bedd961c0524704f259d556.jpg

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
All I can say [MENTION=8958]natski282[/MENTION], is thank your lucky stars! Nat, of course, not all females fight, but when they do, it is often very serious. I have had many dogs in my lifetime and never had a problem with fights until I had the two females. Was it my bad luck that I had two that didn't get on? Probably, but it has put me off from having two females again!

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Yes, like my forearm bite breaking up Daphne and the Havanese. I was not only bitten, but bruised down to the bone. It got infected and is just now really starting to heal after three weeks of yuckiness.

Good Lord! That is awful, you poor thing! They have no idea who they are latching onto in the midst of a fight, they are so focused. Glad to hear it is healing. Take care.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

Ouch heal soon , I might be lucky but I will say this NONE of my dogs bite Me ever no matter the circumstances , they might do it once but would never do it again .
So sorry that looks sore my friend

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
All I can say @natski282, is thank your lucky stars! Nat, of course, not all females fight, but when they do, it is often very serious. I have had many dogs in my lifetime and never had a problem with fights until I had the two females. Was it my bad luck that I had two that didn't get on? Probably, but it has put me off from having two females again!

As I said to Daphne I have never had issues with females , Any of my dogs male or female do not bite Me Maybe once but would never do it again and NO they do not cowl at My footsteps . Like you i have had minimum 5 dogs at one time and now 6 dogs for years and years and i have never had issues with two females , males yes even males from homes that the idiot human male abused the male dog ( Siberian Husky named Tiaga ) he went after Me once and we worked that out right after that occasion and till he passed years later he never showed his teeth to me or anyone else ever . I work that I must be the Pack leader period any new dog must learn that right away its a must with 5 or 6 dogs , that maybe when the lucky stars come in .

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a good boy! That is so great. I bet the whole time he was wishing "for goodness sake, hurry up"!!

:rofl: i know I was... Cheli likes to savor his food.... lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

omg that is horrable!!! I'm so sorry this happened and it would scare the bejeebez out of me from here on out!!! Keep healing and keep a good eye that it doesn't get infected in the bone or something.. scarry! Get well and I hope someone got put in their places so it will never happen again... I know they 'loose it' when in the zone and don't intend for y9ou to be hurt, but I hope something has been solved so it wont happen to you again :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

OMG!! Hope that heals quickly

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.