Weeing in night

Charlieboy🐶

Oct 23, 2023
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi
Apologies if this is something that’s been gone over before but I’m a bit worried and wondered if anyone has any advice. I’ll start by introducing our boy Charlie. We adopted Charlie at 8 months old and he came from owners that kept him locked in the kitchen alot and he spent a lot of time alone and didn’t have a lot of training, although he was toilet trained when he came to us. Toileting has never been a problem, Charlie is now nearly 3, is such a good boy and is thriving with us. He is walked daily. Given free rein of the house and is let out for a last wee in the evening around 10.30pm . For the last month or so he has started to wee in the night almost every single night. And then yesterday has weed all over our bed. He’s never done this before. Could this be a medical issue? Has anyone experienced this and what did you do or what was it.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_7742.jpeg
    IMG_7742.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello there & Welcome

Have you had him check for a UTI infection? If you can, collect some urine sample n bring it to your vet. Start with that. Also is he fixed? Can be marking if he’s not.

OP
C

Charlieboy🐶

Oct 23, 2023
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Hi, right I will do that definitely. It’s very out of character. He hasn’t been done, is that something I should be looking into?
Thanks so much for you kind answers

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi, right I will do that definitely. It’s very out of character. He hasn’t been done, is that something I should be looking into?
Thanks so much for you kind answers
No you definitely don’t need to get him fixed. I would certainly do the urine test. My white face Jake has had a vasectomy n not neutered. I wanted him to keep his hormones going. But that’s my decision.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I will say that Louie started marking in the house around 10 months old and he got neutered at around 1 and the marking inside stopped immediately. That is not to say neutering is a guarantee to stop marking if, in fact, that is what your boy is doing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Were you able to get a sample tested for a UTI? If no UTI, then you'll need to start retraining him and restrict him from the beds/furniture until he is no longer doing pee in the house.

Members online

No members online now.