Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
He said the chicken was good for their coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if raw chicken specifically is good for the coat as much as just raw in general is good. When feeding raw, they need the bone to make it a complete meal. Some people feed whole parts but I buy patties that have the meat, organs and bone all ground up already.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Raw chicken is great and you can feed whole pieces with skin, bone and all, but the dog needs to learn to eat and chew them properly. A lot of bullys are very fast eaters and they can swallow them almost whole and that can cause problems. Raw in general is good, I don't think there's any magic in chicken alone.

OP
PeteyButterbean

PeteyButterbean

May 10, 2017
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Butterbean
Good news, Petey is mange free! We went for a skin scrape today. The vet confirmed everything ya'll said. It is definitely allergies. She suggested I take him to the vet school for allergy testing (they have discounted rates and specialize in animal allergies) to save money and stress of finding his allergies. Have any of ya'll experienced with this before? I don't want it to hurt ole' Petey.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Good news, Petey is mange free! We went for a skin scrape today. The vet confirmed everything ya'll said. It is definitely allergies. She suggested I take him to the vet school for allergy testing (they have discounted rates and specialize in animal allergies) to save money and stress of finding his allergies. Have any of ya'll experienced with this before? I don't want it to hurt ole' Petey.

Has he started his new grain free food?

OP
PeteyButterbean

PeteyButterbean

May 10, 2017
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Butterbean
Yes, but he still doesn't want to eat it. He liked it for a few days, but then started avoiding it. I think he is allergic to something in it as well.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, but he still doesn't want to eat it. He liked it for a few days, but then started avoiding it. I think he is allergic to something in it as well.

Which food did you choose? Brand and protein?

I did the full blood panel allergy test... it gives a good baseline of what to avoid. Be sure Petey has been off all immune suppression meds for 30 full days like predizone to ensure you do not get false results

OP
PeteyButterbean

PeteyButterbean

May 10, 2017
West Virginia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Butterbean
Great news: Petey is doing so much better since I've changed his food. I can tell a little bit of difference in his hair, it seems to be growing back. His face also isn't as red and he doesn't seem as aggravated. I'm still going to get the allergy testing to know his triggers and exactly what to avoid. Here are some pictures of my happy boy! Thank you everyone for the advice.

Petey2.jpgPetey1.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Great news: Petey is doing so much better since I've changed his food. I can tell a little bit of difference in his hair, it seems to be growing back. His face also isn't as red and he doesn't seem as aggravated. I'm still going to get the allergy testing to know his triggers and exactly what to avoid. Here are some pictures of my happy boy! Thank you everyone for the advice.

View attachment 106044View attachment 106045

oh boy I sure hope you've hit the right one cause he sure looks good :) handsome and happy!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

GREAT news... your boy is absolutely adorable!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

AWESOME!! he is one very happy boy!!!

Members online

No members online now.