Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
The liquid poop is not abnormal considering what he's been through. The pooping without control is also not unusual while on pain meds. Jax just doesn't feel the sensation. The normality should soon return...time will heal...but be prepared for a few ups and downs along the way

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
The liquid poop is not abnormal considering what he's been through. The pooping without control is also not unusual while on pain meds. Jax just doesn't feel the sensation. The normality should soon return...time will heal...but be prepared for a few ups and downs along the way

Thank you, this makes me feel better. Last summer when he came home after the surgery he was pooping normal so this totally through me for a loop. The vet offered to call in some Metronidazole but I said I would wait a couple days to see how it goes. He's already on so many medications I don't want to add in another one if I don't have to.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you, this makes me feel better. Last summer when he came home after the surgery he was pooping normal so this totally through me for a loop. The vet offered to call in some Metronidazole but I said I would wait a couple days to see how it goes. He's already on so many medications I don't want to add in another one if I don't have to.

por little man... he is probably so stressed and 'high' has no clue he is doing it. keep us posted, hope he is better real quick.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got an update from the BF. Jax was just taken out and he pooped, it had shape, more firm than yesterday and he pooped it out normal versus dragging his butt all over the yard while trying to squeeze it out. Hopefully now that he is home, he won't be so anxious and stressed.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just got an update from the BF. Jax was just taken out and he pooped, it had shape, more firm than yesterday and he pooped it out normal versus dragging his butt all over the yard while trying to squeeze it out. Hopefully now that he is home, he won't be so anxious and stressed.

Arenā€™t you lucky itā€™s not a long hair dog? :D

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
1e34afb3d66435acc9bb1f0eee509678.jpg

31c45a4f7107ee958f0cc791cf19f765.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
1e34afb3d66435acc9bb1f0eee509678.jpg

31c45a4f7107ee958f0cc791cf19f765.jpg

Oh my GOD .. this is precious and heartbreaking!! Someone love his Brother

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lol look at Louie!! Too funny...

Jax, Iā€™ll break you out when everyone goes to bed! Hang on buddy. :secret2: :guns:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey just read in another post youā€™re back in ER with Jax???????

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey just read in another post youā€™re back in ER with Jax???????

Yes!!!! You would think as each day went by he would be feeling better but he seemed to be in more and more pain and I was giving him codeine earlier and earlier. Last night while i was sleeping i thought I heard a yelp but then thought maybe it was the tv. Happened again and tv was off. Got up and Jax was trembling and twitching. I said this is it, heā€™s going back in. And for once, yes for the very first time, the ER vet said he was uncomfortable!! Normally they tell me heā€™s fine and send him home. She explained it is possible itā€™s wind up pain and that the meds they send home just arenā€™t as strong as what they have there. She gave me two options. Give him a shot of strong pain meds and send him home with another pain med to see if that helps. Or keep him there, put him on methodone IV and see a neurologist today. I think you know which one I chose.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Feel like someone punched me in my stomach to read this news "(

Fresh prayers for Jax & you/

Such sweet care from Loiue, love y'all...XOXO

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Feel like someone punched me in my stomach to read this news "(

Fresh prayers for Jax & you/

Such sweet care from Loiue, love y'all...XOXO

Itā€™s been one hell of a week! Heā€™s pretty much been in pain all week.

Just got an update. They acknowledge heā€™s in pain. So they need to determine if itā€™s wind up pain and they need to get more aggressive with the pain meds or is there an underlying issue. So they are keeping him overnight for observation and will administer another pain med to see how he does. If heā€™s still in pain tomorrow they want to do an MRI.

I am just relieved that they are not just sending him home and there is an actual plan. So now I wait until tomorrow!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Itā€™s been one hell of a week! Heā€™s pretty much been in pain all week.

Just got an update. They acknowledge heā€™s in pain. So they need to determine if itā€™s wind up pain and they need to get more aggressive with the pain meds or is there an underlying issue. So they are keeping him overnight for observation and will administer another pain med to see how he does. If heā€™s still in pain tomorrow they want to do an MRI.

I am just relieved that they are not just sending him home and there is an actual plan. So now I wait until tomorrow!

Geez!!! Poor little guy. Iā€™m glad heā€™s there n not home. At least heā€™s 24/7 supervised. For sure keep us posted!!!
:assurred:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sending feel better prayer and good vibes for Jax. :pray:

Most Reactions