Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Any more updates?

The neurologist should call me later on today after she checks on him but I just called for an update and the tech said heā€™s on his pain meds, trying to keep him comfortable and she was just about to offer some food to see if heā€™ll eat. If I donā€™t hear from the doc by 11ish, Iā€™ll call for another update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Overjoyed for you, Citty, WHEW is right!'

May Jax have years of great health and no more pain.

He is my hero. XOXO, love to all <3

Carol, your posts always bring a smile to my face!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic news... so happy the procedure went well ! When you see him give him a big @$$ kiss from me

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] Missed all of this, so sorry but THANK GOD that Jax came through like a champ. Reading from the beginning I could feel myself get stressed so I cannot imagine what it must have been like for you! BIG BULLY HUGS to you all !!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got a call from the neurologist. Jax is doing well, he ate a little bit, he's been moving around. They are starting to taper him off the IV and will give him his meds orally. So far everything is on track and he'll be home tomorrow!

I can't thank everyone enough for all of your nice messages and concern...it really does help!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
This is so good to hear. Ohhhhhhh what a pull on our hearts these kids bring. Joy, and oh so much love but........ the worries we carry! Anyway, have a lovely day, enjoy the care time hes getting as it will be all you tomorrow :) hugs

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
This is so good to hear. Ohhhhhhh what a pull on our hearts these kids bring. Joy, and oh so much love but........ the worries we carry! Anyway, have a lovely day, enjoy the care time hes getting as it will be all you tomorrow :) hugs

I remember last time setting several alarms on my phone for all of his different meds and having to wake up in the middle of the night to give him a dose. But it's only temporary!

Oh and I feel bad saying this but I can't believe how comfortable I slept last night without Jax in the bed lol. Louie was still there and even though he is bigger, he doesn't really hog the bed like Jax does. Jax has to lay right against me so every time I move or roll over, he moves with me until I am on the edge of the bed. But he's been sleeping with me since he was just a puppy and I really do love cuddling with him so I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! And after everything he's been through, he's going to need some extra cuddles.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Just saw this now - so glad to hear things have gone well and that little Jax is coming home tomorrow. How is Louie coping without his little brother? Big hug from Castor & Co.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just saw this now - so glad to hear things have gone well and that little Jax is coming home tomorrow. How is Louie coping without his little brother? Big hug from Castor & Co.

With Jax being out of commission for over a month now, I have come to the conclusion that Louie would never do well as an only dog. He has so much energy. Recovery is 6 weeks so until Jax is back in action, we'll need to take Louie on more walks and I'll have to try to get some play dates in.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just got a call from the neurologist. Jax is doing well, he ate a little bit, he's been moving around. They are starting to taper him off the IV and will give him his meds orally. So far everything is on track and he'll be home tomorrow!

I can't thank everyone enough for all of your nice messages and concern...it really does help!

Awesome!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Whoooohooooo. Daā€™s my boy!

Going to be better once heā€™s in the house. :yes:

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Whoooohooooo. Daā€™s my boy!

Going to be better once heā€™s in the house. :yes:

I will call after work for another update. But on Saturday I am picking up the rentable laser machine. $50 a week and if I do 2 weeks, the third week is free. I said why so cheap, I was expecting a lot more and she said she does not want to overprice it cause she wants people to use it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I will call after work for another update. But on Saturday I am picking up the rentable laser machine. $50 a week and if I do 2 weeks, the third week is free. I said why so cheap, I was expecting a lot more and she said she does not want to overprice it cause she wants people to use it.

Smart!! Let us know how that goes!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

WOW!! That is fantastic!!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I called to get another update. The tech said she met Jax this morning and fell in love and that he is just the sweetest boy (which he definitely is). She said heā€™s always rolling over to give the belly for rubs (typical Jax). So itā€™s god to hear heā€™s acting like his normal self. She said heā€™s continuing to eat and move around and urinating so everything continues to go well.

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online