Surgery day

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I called to get another update. The tech said she met Jax this morning and fell in love and that he is just the sweetest boy (which he definitely is). She said heā€™s always rolling over to give the belly for rubs (typical Jax). So itā€™s god to hear heā€™s acting like his normal self. She said heā€™s continuing to eat and move around and urinating so everything continues to go well.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love great updates like that!!! Rolls to get a belly rub shows heā€™s healing well. Howā€™s Louie doing without him?

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Love great updates like that!!! Rolls to get a belly rub shows heā€™s healing well. Howā€™s Louie doing without him?

Louie is keeping the bed warm for him:

a5f2ad6647d8c8c8b56664422165df39.heic

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy!! great news and ohhhhhhhhhhh, i just bet that Louie is just eating up all his space ;) Best rest up, bet it's going to be quite a chore keeping your boy Jax and him separate for a bit ??

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
oh boy!! great news and ohhhhhhhhhhh, i just bet that Louie is just eating up all his space ;) Best rest up, bet it's going to be quite a chore keeping your boy Jax and him separate for a bit ??

I think Louie is enjoying all the space on the bed lol. They have been apart for awhile now, since this all started. So just a few more weeks to go and then I know they are going to get a great play session in. I need to set up some play dates for Louie until Jax is better cause he has so much energy right now and it's been raining so he hasn't been able to run around outside.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got the morning update. The good news is that Jax is feeling better. The bad news is that Jax is feeling better. Apparently earlier when the tech put his harness on to take him out, he bolted out of the pen and gave a little a yelp and he was trying to jump around and stand on his back legs. The doctor is confident he is just sore and achy from the surgery, which makes sense. She said he is walking, has his head lifted up, no spasms in the neck and everything is looking good. They have him on Trazadone to help sedate him and keep him calm. So unless I get a phone call between now and then, the plan is for me to pick him up around 5 pm.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
its so funny in ways that *I* almost want to leave my dear ones in the hands of the vet longer to keep my stress level down. I cant wait for them to be home, but also want that vet to come with..lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So,so happy that Jax is doing well, and now the healing begins! It will be hard on you, but know the drill-and that makes it a little easier? Continuing prayers for you and Jax.
He so reminds me of my Carlie, in looks and what I hear of his disposition. Frenchies are great little dogs. Hugs and kisses for you,Jax!:yes:

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So,so happy that Jax is doing well, and now the healing begins! It will be hard on you, but know the drill-and that makes it a little easier? Continuing prayers for you and Jax.
He so reminds me of my Carlie, in looks and what I hear of his disposition. Frenchies are great little dogs. Hugs and kisses for you,Jax!:yes:

I do feel a little better in that we've been through this before, it will still be hard because now that he is feeling better he is going to want out of that crate! Frenchies are wonderful dogs and I love them but after this experience, I think I would be too nervous to get another one.

its so funny in ways that *I* almost want to leave my dear ones in the hands of the vet longer to keep my stress level down. I cant wait for them to be home, but also want that vet to come with..lol

I know, right! Hey doc...how about you just come to my house every day and bring a tech with you. I think he will feel so much better just being at home. I know he is being taken care of over there but you know what they say...there's no place like home!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got the morning update. The good news is that Jax is feeling better. The bad news is that Jax is feeling better. Apparently earlier when the tech put his harness on to take him out, he bolted out of the pen and gave a little a yelp and he was trying to jump around and stand on his back legs. The doctor is confident he is just sore and achy from the surgery, which makes sense. She said he is walking, has his head lifted up, no spasms in the neck and everything is looking good. They have him on Trazadone to help sedate him and keep him calm. So unless I get a phone call between now and then, the plan is for me to pick him up around 5 pm.

Bolted out? Guess Trazadone not working on our little Jax lolll.... oh and call that famous daycare that booted Louie out...lol

Ship him here!!! Iā€™ll take him.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bolted out? Guess Trazadone not working on our little Jax lolll.... oh and call that famous daycare that booted Louie out...lol

Ship him here!!! Iā€™ll take him.

I had to laugh when the doc told me even though he could have hurt himself. I guess he wants to be free! I guess they havenā€™t told him yet heā€™s behind bars for 6 more weeks...oy.

Iā€™m sending them both to you...I need a vacation after this!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I had to laugh when the doc told me even though he could have hurt himself. I guess he wants to be free! I guess they havenā€™t told him yet heā€™s behind bars for 6 more weeks...oy.

Iā€™m sending them both to you...I need a vacation after this!!!

Drive to Alberta n then go on vacation to Banff or Jasper and weā€™ll see you after youā€™re rested. :2thumbs: you might not get back lol

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay guys...Jax came home yesterday and he was pooping himself. It was like chocolate pudding. It's like he had not control whatsoever. He would either be laying in his crate or sleeping and next thing you know there was poop in there. We took him out and he went (chocolate pudding) and then thought he was done but then he went again a couple more times in his crate. So I called the vet hospital and spoke to the neuro tech and she spoke to the treating surgeon. The neuro doc thinks it is stress related and that maybe he was just out of it so his body was not telling him he had to go. I asked if he was doing this while there and the tech said no, that while his stool was soft, he was going outside as well as urinating outside. I know they fed him while there and who knows what they fed him so maybe it's just a combination of things but still makes me nervous. They suggested doing a bland diet and adding some pumpkin so I guess I will try that but if it gets worse or continues, he's going right back. My boyfriend is home with him for the rest of the week so at least he's not alone and can be monitored.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Good idea for the bland diet n pumpkin. Very often meds can constipate n once heā€™s off most meds his body will react to loose stools. So patience Missy. :)

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Good idea for the bland diet n pumpkin. Very often meds can constipate n once heā€™s off most meds his body will react to loose stools. So patience Missy. :)

I know, I know! Patience is one thing I just don't have lol. His current meds are Gabapentin, Codeine and Trazadone. He is still on the Prednisone but is tapering off that one. Anthony said he took Jax out this morning and he pooped and that it looked a little better. He's giving him the pumpkin now. Will have to go get some chicken.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I know, I know! Patience is one thing I just don't have lol. His current meds are Gabapentin, Codeine and Trazadone. He is still on the Prednisone but is tapering off that one. Anthony said he took Jax out this morning and he pooped and that it looked a little better. He's giving him the pumpkin now. Will have to go get some chicken.

Boil chicken n keep that broth. You can also use ground beef. Many years ago one of my Dobby had veeeery bad stools actually was like green water. I boiled rice n ground beef and kept the juices in it. Took a couple days to see results. He was sleeping outside on the balcony. Thank god it was summer.. lol