bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Thank you. Forgot the most important thing :D We are naming him Moose.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well after 2 days of having the little guy we are so excited. My heart literally races when I go home to see him. As I mentioned my GF and I are relatively younger so this is a completely new experience for us on several fronts. We've gotten about 5-6 hours of sleep the past two nights, but no matter how tired we are we both love playing with him in the morning. Typically he cries for about 30-45 minutes at night when we put him in his crate/pen and then falls asleep. I've read and also been told by friends that they key is to not give in always go to him when he cries. During the day he is super lively and we've gotten so many toys for him, but he likes to take a nap every hour and a half or so. We both work, but my job is 5 minutes away so I go home for lunch and he is never alone for more than 4 hours. We both have off the rest of this week so we will spend alot of time with him this weekend. We've started to house train and it may be starting to work but he still has accidents on the floor or carpet. I'd say 60-70% of the time is on a pad. Since he's not fully vaccinated and its freezing in NJ we can't take him out until February probably. All in all it was a great decision and we are so excited.

Here are some pictures and I will keep you all posted. Thank you so much for the support!!!!

View attachment 110059
View attachment 110058

SQUEAL!!!! OMG... he is totally precious! What is his name?? Where are you in Jersey? I'm in PA, may need to come steal, er I mean visit him :D

At night... place an old t-shirt with you scent on it with him, it will help him to settle in. Also, is the crate in your bedroom? that can help too.
Potty - a real good guideline:
-- immediately after any play session ends.. take him out
-- immediately upon arriving home and letting him out of his crate -- right out the door
-- 20-25 minutes after eating -- out
-- a puppy can only hold the bladder for 1 hour than they are months old... so 2 months old -- 3 hours is the limit.

Good luck -- congratulations! And keep those pictures coming!!

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
SQUEAL!!!! OMG... he is totally precious! What is his name?? Where are you in Jersey? I'm in PA, may need to come steal, er I mean visit him :D

At night... place an old t-shirt with you scent on it with him, it will help him to settle in. Also, is the crate in your bedroom? that can help too.
Potty - a real good guideline:
-- immediately after any play session ends.. take him out
-- immediately upon arriving home and letting him out of his crate -- right out the door
-- 20-25 minutes after eating -- out
-- a puppy can only hold the bladder for 1 hour than they are months old... so 2 months old -- 3 hours is the limit.

Good luck -- congratulations! And keep those pictures coming!!

Hi. His name is Moose. We are in North/Central Jersey. As a point of reference about 10 minutes from the Short Hills Mall. We've had so many friends/relatives wanting to see him. My mom asks me when I'm home so she can come over even for 10 minutes. As he ages a play session would be fun!

I picked up on the scent thing this morning as we had the pajamas on the floor and he smelled it and plopped himself down and went to bed. During the day and when we are home the crate is in the living room, at night it's next to our bedroom, but we've kept the door close. I was told that this gets them used to handling being alone for a period of time. Do you think that's right?

As far as potty training, our breeder told us not to take him anywhere until he has had all of his shots - he needs two more in January. Also she said if it's less than 65 degrees out and he's less than 20 weeks (turned 12 weeks yesterday) he will get sick. Do you think this will affect the potty training if he's not used to going out for a while?

Thanks again!

Here are some more pics...
received_1813651972039614.jpegreceived_10100379515436770.jpeg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi. His name is Moose. We are in North/Central Jersey. As a point of reference about 10 minutes from the Short Hills Mall. We've had so many friends/relatives wanting to see him. My mom asks me when I'm home so she can come over even for 10 minutes. As he ages a play session would be fun!

I picked up on the scent thing this morning as we had the pajamas on the floor and he smelled it and plopped himself down and went to bed. During the day and when we are home the crate is in the living room, at night it's next to our bedroom, but we've kept the door close. I was told that this gets them used to handling being alone for a period of time. Do you think that's right?

As far as potty training, our breeder told us not to take him anywhere until he has had all of his shots - he needs two more in January. Also she said if it's less than 65 degrees out and he's less than 20 weeks (turned 12 weeks yesterday) he will get sick. Do you think this will affect the potty training if he's not used to going out for a while?

Thanks again!

Here are some more pics...
View attachment 110060View attachment 110061

OMG -- what a face!! Great name too!

keep in mind bulldogs are 'human' dogs, they want to be with their humans as much as they can. Some even refer to them as Velcro dogs.. they will follow you everywhere ALL. THE. TIME. I would find a spot for the crate and leave it in one place... I always did the bedroom, but do you are comfortable with.

As for going out.... hmm -- yes, stay on your own property where you know no other dogs have been. if you take him anywhere -- carry him and NEVER place him on the floor in the vet office or a store. Until he gets his last round of shots he is at risk.
I got everyone of our pups around the end of December and always trained them outside without issue.... in fact, the cold helps them get the business done quicker ;)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thank U thank U thank U :-) What a beauty!! I’m so cited for you and looking forward to more pictures and a name :-) congratulations :)!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Oh he is just precious!! What a cutie. Congrats.

I have two crates for Louie, one downstairs and one in our bedroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Moose is absolutely gorgeous... how can you even hardly stand it!! He's a beauty for sure.. Enjoy and so glad you found your way here. So much info through this time of need.... puppyhood ;)

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:welcome3: OMG!! what a great name Moose!! I TOTALLY went through ALL those feelings when getting Ellie, and the POST OMG what did I do?? As I suffer from true anxiety, but I am SO glad you made the plunge like I did, Ellie is now 2 years old, and I look forward to our snuggle time, and her antics!!

I was SOOOOO happy to find this place, it really is like family here, hope you stay with us. [MENTION=17893]bulldogs1501[/MENTION]

I too am from NJ, I live right on the Delaware...

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Hello all! It's been just over a month that we've had Moose and as everyone has said..."I can't imagine life without him". He is our joy and every single day we can't wait to come home to him. He is growing up so fast and is so smart. We are definitely starting to see some personality come out. He is practically house trained, knows how to sit, shake, etc. Here are some pictures.

20180202_135837.png20180202_135918.png20180202_140018.png

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hello all! It's been just over a month that we've had Moose and as everyone has said..."I can't imagine life without him". He is our joy and every single day we can't wait to come home to him. He is growing up so fast and is so smart. We are definitely starting to see some personality come out. He is practically house trained, knows how to sit, shake, etc. Here are some pictures.

View attachment 110730View attachment 110731View attachment 110732

great progress! he is so damn adorable.... Love the pictures

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

Such a wonderful update!! Great photos, last one is totally frame worthy :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Great news! He is sooooo cute. It makes me miss having a teeny tiny puppy.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Soooooooo darn cute and super glad you updated.. can you even believe ya coulda missed out on this womderful life with a bulldog :)

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

He is adorably perfect in every way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.