New

Mdhowell33

Jun 26, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Hey I just won a baby in a raffle Iā€™m assuming heā€™s a English mix but Iā€™m concerned with the way he walks Ans his from feet he seems to be in no pain but just worried me

Attachments

• IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5308.jpeg
    IMG_5308.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5311.jpeg
    IMG_5311.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 33

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Excuse me...you WON a dog in a raffle? That right there screams red flag to me. And yes, that dog is a mixed breed and the issue with his legs definitely needs to be checked out. It could be as simple as poor nutrition to something more serious.

Whoever bred him does not sound like a responsible and ethical breeder. I wouldn't be surprised if multiple health issues pop up throughout his life.

OP
M

Mdhowell33

Jun 26, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Excuse me...you WON a dog in a raffle? That right there screams red flag to me. And yes, that dog is a mixed breed and the issue with his legs definitely needs to be checked out. It could be as simple as poor nutrition to something more serious.

Whoever bred him does not sound like a responsible and ethical breeder. I wouldn't be surprised if multiple health issues pop up throughout his life.
Look I clearly know heā€™s mixed I didnā€™t ask that, i thought this froip
Would be helpful but u clearly are not trying to be. Of course heā€™s going to the vet stope with the negativity how about being kind to ppl sheesh have a great day ā€¦

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Can you give more information on the raffle? Something is very off. Most states have laws banning the raffling of pets.

Definitely mix. The last photo that shows his pasterns is worrisome to me. You can theoretically correct weak pasterns to a certain extent with exercise and nutrition but nothing will fix poor geneticsā€¦

I am curious what the vet says, please post back!

Last edited:
OP
M

Mdhowell33

Jun 26, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Can you give more information on the raffle? Something is very off. Do they have a ā€œbaileys lawā€ in your state?
If I said I got him on the side of the road woild it make a difference how I got him. He needed a home now he has one thatā€™s all that matters Ans that I can keep him in thr best health possible. He needed a living home and he has one makes no difference to me how he got it

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hey I just won a baby in a raffle Iā€™m assuming heā€™s a English mix but Iā€™m concerned with the way he walks Ans his from feet he seems to be in no pain but just worried me

Welcome!

Definitely looks like a mix.

Looks like his nails are long too, I would get those nails trimmed or they can cause arthritis and many problems if they overgrow!

I would definitely get that leg checked at vet as soon as possible! That definitely needs to be addressed as that can be serious.

How old is the dog??

Does he have more health issues?

That leg issue can be also from poor quality dog food as a puppy, what do you feed him???

I would also give him the best nutrition possible to at least help keep his healthy as possible because if you won this dog, he could have LOTS of health issues come up so I would do everything possible to hopefully help him stay healthy(genetic things canā€™t be prevented BUT you can take some steps to help TRY to keep him healthy).

Please keep us updated on what the vet says about his leg.

Last edited:

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
If I said I got him on the side of the road woild it make a difference how I got him. He needed a home now he has one thatā€™s all that matters Ans that I can keep him in thr best health possible. He needed a living home and he has one makes no difference to me how he got it
I commend you for saving him but it does make a difference. The people doing this need to stop.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:Congratulations on your win! The little bullie may have had ricketts as a pup, due to poor nutrition. It affects
bone/joints. Now that you have him, he can be fed properly. I believe the damage is done-but glad you are having him checked! @Mdhowell33

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Look I clearly know heā€™s mixed I didnā€™t ask that, i thought this froip
Would be helpful but u clearly are not trying to be. Of course heā€™s going to the vet stope with the negativity how about being kind to ppl sheesh have a great day ā€¦
I wasn't being negative at all and I apologize if you think my post was mean as that was not my intention. I am merely shocked that somewhere out there is/are raffles giving away dogs. I have never heard of such a thing and it does not sound ethical to me. And it is very common for poorly bred dogs to have many health issues. I am not saying that to be mean, it is a fact. Poorly bred dogs often end up in rescues and shelters because of all the health issues and people don't have the money to take care of them or simply don't want to.

As someone who has bred a Bulldog, has many Bulldog breeder friends, shows Bulldogs, is an officer of the Board of my Division for the Bulldog Club of America as well as my local club, I will always stand by my position of breeding to the Bulldog standard, performing health testing prior to breeding, breeding to better the breed and not supporting backyard breeders, puppy mills or breeding non-standard colors.

Good luck with your new dog.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I'm pretty sure he will be loved and cared for. Jack hit the jackpot to be with you and thank you for taking him in your loving home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBNā€¦. Very bizarre to be raffling off a living being, never heard or saw such a thing. But, he has a home and now needs the care. With the feet turned in.. I believe that is a malnutrition problemā€¦ if you are willing, you should find and feed him a good raw diet to help get him on the right track.

Members online

No members online now.