Just rescued confused

Mdhowell33

Jun 26, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
So I ā€œwonā€ a bill dog yesterday from a free raffle. I went expecting a Frenchie puppy, I got a English bulldog mix, about 7 months old with no name even yet, he walks funny though Ans his front feet are turned out we have a vet apt this week but just wanted opinions for now he plays and runs with my other dogs so he doesnā€™t seem to be in pain.

Attachments

• IMG_5306.jpeg
    IMG_5306.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5305.jpeg
    IMG_5305.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5311.jpeg
    IMG_5311.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 31

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN @Mdhowell33 :welcome4: . Please look at the thread "Welcome and Introductions." You can introduce yourself and your bully...we love pictures. Also you will find the "Rules of the Forum."

Again welcome. RJ

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Heā€™s cute! Heā€™s got wonky feets. Love his color. Love him all you can, heā€™ll love you right back.

OP
M

Mdhowell33

Jun 26, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Heā€™s cute! Heā€™s got wonky feets. Love his color. Love him all you can, heā€™ll love you right back.
Thank u heā€™s beautiful and a sweetheart no matter what heā€™s mixed with but Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s English and American bulldog . And yea Iā€™m pretty sure he has hip dysplasia goes to the vet Friday so weā€™ll see

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
So I ā€œwonā€ a bill dog yesterday from a free raffle. I went expecting a Frenchie puppy, I got a English bulldog mix, about 7 months old with no name even yet, he walks funny though Ans his front feet are turned out we have a vet apt this week but just wanted opinions for now he plays and runs with my other dogs so he doesnā€™t seem to be in pain.
What a cutie! They are a lot of work, but the affection they give is tremendous. Best wishes!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank u heā€™s beautiful and a sweetheart no matter what heā€™s mixed with but Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s English and American bulldog . And yea Iā€™m pretty sure he has hip dysplasia goes to the vet Friday so weā€™ll see
Be sure the vet you choose is bulldog savvyā€¦ they are special cases and can have long list of health issues. With the feet turned in.. I believe that is a malnutrition problemā€¦ if you are willing, you should find and feed him a good raw diet to help get him on the right track.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
He is a beautiful boy. I think you really did win first prize! With a little bit of something else mixed in, he could be healthier than your average bulldog!
My dachshund has "Charlie Chaplin" feet. It just adds to his charm! Good luck at the vets and as mentioned, make sure he is Bulldog savvy, it makes all the difference.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
With a little bit of something else mixed inā€¦
This is actually a common misconception, concocted and spread by aspca/peta/etc.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
This is actually a common misconception, concocted and spread by aspca/peta/etc.
??? More info please. I have heard that a bulldog mix is often healthier as for starters their nose is usually a bit longer.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
??? More info please. I have heard that a bulldog mix is often healthier as for starters their nose is usually a bit longer.
A preservation breeder, doing health tests on their stock and making conscious decisions on matching, will ALWAYS produce healthier pups than the (at best) random chance a backyard breeder gets. When you mix breeds you INTRODUCE MORE issues and MORE unreliability. Having no idea at all of a dog's pedigree puts you at a major disadvantage as an owner.

The current trend of "doodles" is a great present-day-crisis example of this.

UCDavis published a study on this about 10 years ago.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
A preservation breeder, doing health tests on their stock and making conscious decisions on matching, will ALWAYS produce healthier pups than the (at best) random chance a backyard breeder gets. When you mix breeds you INTRODUCE MORE issues and MORE unreliability. Having no idea at all of a dog's pedigree puts you at a major disadvantage as an owner.

Thanks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Heā€™s absolutely beautiful. At the end of the day, he will have less breathing issues cause his nose is a tad longer. He also has less nose rope, less bulging eyesā€¦ā€¦in a nutshell, less issues ā€ifā€ any, to go through.

Enjoy, heā€™s sure is a cutie ā¤ļø

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

I have a questionā€¦.Do you believe 100% with this article?

Iā€™m just curious cause I know you enough to say, youā€™re very knowledgeable. Why Iā€™m curious to know your opinion šŸ™‚

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a questionā€¦.Do you believe 100% with this article?

Iā€™m just curious cause I know you enough to say, youā€™re very knowledgeable. Why Iā€™m curious to know your opinion šŸ™‚
I would go further and say I agree 100% with what I posted above. The article only very briefly touches on my main point:
A preservation breeder, doing health tests on their stock and making conscious decisions on matching, will ALWAYS produce healthier pups than the (at best) random chance a backyard breeder gets.

Members online

No members online now.