Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Visited Jax last night for about 15 minutes. He was happy to see us but still a little sedated. He laid down for belly rubs and fell asleep. I'm a little nervous to bring him home, it's going to be a long recovery.

Here are a couple pictures of my baby. They went in through his throat!!

c7b83dd1ca18abad75461ce9d95be4fe.jpg

c63ce89c185ea27e67b46bc07a5a189b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

Aww... Jax is such a sweet baby!!! You know we "babysat" a frenchie a couple of summers ago, and Bane was constantly jumping on the couch, furniture, etc... my Willow is small and she jumps on everything. I honestly don't think we can stop these little guys from jumping around so much. I pray that Jax gets to come home soon!!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

Aww... Jax is such a sweet baby!!! You know we "babysat" a frenchie a couple of summers ago, and Bane was constantly jumping on the couch, furniture, etc... my Willow is small and she jumps on everything. I honestly don't think we can stop these little guys from jumping around so much. I pray that Jax gets to come home soon!!!

Tell me about it! Trying to keep them NOT jumping is near impossible. So I guess the key is to minimize it. And Louie is already flying off the furniture so that is making me nervous. I have bought stairs for our couch and bed and a ramp for the stairs as we live in a split level house and it is not bulldog friendly with all of the stairs but after this experience, I will do whatever I have to keep this from happening again.

The doctor should be calling me this morning so if all is well, he will come home today!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Awwwwa you just want to hold little Jax and rock him till he feels better. Btw do they still make our grandmother's rocking chairs? Lolll
Nyala n Duke keeps jumping too. What are you going to do? Can't do much about it. Glad it's over and all went well. Now recovery time for little Jax.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Ohhhh man!!!!! I was happy to see the report and photos, but brought a tear to my eye :( Poor thing!!!!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ohhhh man!!!!! I was happy to see the report and photos, but brought a tear to my eye :( Poor thing!!!!

I know! It made me so sad seeing him like this but hopefully he will be better soon. They are tougher than we think!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Poor Jax. I hope this takes care of everything and that he will be home soon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy and relieved that Jax's surgery went well, and he will be coming home! He is so cute, reminds me so much of my Carlie,whom I miss very much still.
Sendng prayers for him that he heals well, and is back to his happy self soon! Also prayers for you that you can keep up with him.! :pray::pray: [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy sure good to see him and I don't blame you for being a bit nervous about bringing him home...I would want like crazy to get him home but all the same, want him in the safety of the vets presents. I had a very ill hubby for years. I would get great relief when he would be hospitalized (even though I would stay with him as I had to do his hemo dialysis for him as he wouldn't let anyone else stick him) it would just give me moments of leaving the responsibility of his 'living' to someone else. It's Going to be a chore as well. It's hard to keep one down much less having the 'pup' there to rile things up... Wishing you all the best. Sweet Jax my heart pours out to him. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] once again you have said something that kind of blows me away... but ....... both of us have worked with teens, both about 20 years of it,,,,, well the thing you 'said' was "wanting to rock sweet Jax till he felt better" ... Well, I don't know if its the mom in us or what, but that's always a 'feeling' I get, a desire to rock things for comfort. The reason I brought up working with teens is, so often, if I could have only taken them and rocked them to comfort, I would have done it... I want to rock old people, dogs, babies,,,, just a thing that I haven't heard from anyone else. May be common, but I haven't heard. And yes,,,, there were times I wanted to smack the as well, but we wont talk about that ;)

Members online

No members online now.